Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Homelink 'hack' - done!

Easto

Purchased switch out of parts section and my friend did the business with the wiring.
Removed the inners of the fob and got it into the space behind the light module without undoing any screws. Easy future battery change.
Works great - very pleased for a £25 outlay and a beer to my pal ! :goodjob:

I did this mod about 5 years ago on my 4S great thing is it's a two minute job to move it to the turbo when a sold the 4S👍

Sorry, I don't understand. You've done what?

Bought a homelink button for the blanking plugs in the light cluster where the sunroof is and directly wired the garage fob onto the switch and put the circuit board (wrapped) behind the switch panel.
No more fob rattling around in the drivers pocket and a simple
Press tomopen and close the garage door.
Works like OEM for £25

It's the little things :)

Easto did you get yours to illuminate with the lights on? I never bothered.

Here's a couple of pictures for anyone thinking of this useful little mod.

Attachments

• img_6526_442.jpg
    img_6526_442.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 3,087
  • img_6524_537.jpg
    img_6524_537.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 3,087
  • img_6527_129.jpg
    img_6527_129.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 3,087
silvermilnec said:
Easto did you get yours to illuminate with the lights on? I never bothered.

Here's a couple of pictures for anyone thinking of this useful little mod.

No... it's not connected to the 12v of course so didn't want to drain battery so didn't even consider it.
Tbh I'm not sure if the light comes on for an instance when I press it. I haven't noticed but will check.

silvermilnec said:
Gollom122 said:
If you wired red and blue rather than red and yellow then the button would illuminate when pressed.See previous thread

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=86476&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=homelink&start=60

Cheers for that👍 Did no one get it to light up through pin 3 connected to the lighting circuit? Not a big deal anyway!

Nope - from memory that would require a 12v feed from the headlight circuitry and a ground. You'd still need the fob battery for door operation and I think combining the two power sources could prove troublesome so did not bother trying.

Gollom122 said:
silvermilnec said:
Gollom122 said:
If you wired red and blue rather than red and yellow then the button would illuminate when pressed.See previous thread

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=86476&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=homelink&start=60

Cheers for that👍 Did no one get it to light up through pin 3 connected to the lighting circuit? Not a big deal anyway!

Nope - from memory that would require a 12v feed from the headlight circuitry and a ground. You'd still need the fob battery for door operation and I think combining the two power sources could prove troublesome so did not bother trying.
thought so, it is a great little mod though! Thanks for the reply 👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back