Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S PCM Amp issue

Raynesy

Hello all,

I have a 2004 996 C4s with PCM and no BOSE (Becker Amp).

I have an error coming up when you switch on the PCM that says Amplifier Not Available and no sound at all.

I've done some googling and tried the suggestions of resetting with 1,4,8 and pulling out D8/D9 fuses then locking / unlocking, but to no avail.

If the plugs are pulled from the amp then the error also extends to CD changer and Phone - my thoughts are that this means the MOST ring is OK as when the amp is plugged back in the changer and phone module function OK.

Before I spring for a new Amp does anyone have any other suggestions, or is it fairly likely that it is actually the amp at fault???

Many thanks in advance for help!

Paul

Amps dying is not uncommon im afraid .

usual checks still apply though feeds , earths etc and check for any blown fuses.

It is possible its a codeing issue but unless you have had other work done or battery issues then this is unlikely .

Thanks Demort,

The amp seems to be powering up and fuses have been checked so I think I'll try a replacement amp... ebay seems to have a couple so I'll give one of those a whirl...

Thanks for the info John - I think my issue is slightly different as the error message just relates to the amp (unless I unplug the amp - then it's everything...)

The CD changer is working fine, I did take the cover off the amp, but there doesn't seem to be a fuse inside it. The amp has power as it passes the MOST signal through to the CD changer.

I've bought a replacement amp from ebay, so hopefully it will be an easy fix (fingers crossed!!!!)

Ironically, this happened to me as well a couple of weeks back. I was actually about to post the opposite sort of question, as i find the PCM system to be quite dated in terms of a CD Chnager and Navigation that is well out of date.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the PCM system with a normal single DIN radio? (I am thinking of doing the centre console delete hence single DIN). Has anyone done this?

New amp arrived yesterday and fitted within less than 60 secs... I now have glorious FM stereo sound from my PCM2!!!

I've now got a Dension and DAB module on its way to bring it somewhere near the 21st century!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back