Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Have you upgraded 997/cayman to a short shift?

Not impressed with the SSK then? I have one in a box in the garage which I have threatened to fit.

I would hate to think that it all gets a little bit too tight / notchy / sweary so I have just kept it in the box. Is this the reason you are looking to revert back to standard throw?

wasz said:
I'm after buying the standard shift unit, if you have it laying around please

:D

I have standard a 997 shifter removed from my MY2010 C2S. FWIW, I'm very happy with my SSK

Are you in Albert Park in Melbourne by any chance or is there an Albert Park in the UK ?

If so, I'm in Adelaide and could easily ship it to you if you're interested.

Pm if you want to make an offer. :)

Hi both,

I have a 996 - the standard 997 shifter throw is between 996 and short shift throw.

My 996 is also somewhat worn.

I have tried a 996 short shift in another car, but prefer the 997 "mid" throw shift to both original 996 and 996 short shift.

I figured a 997 shifter will be newer so less worn and it has the right shift throw for me.

Apparently it bolts right up.

systech1 said:
wasz said:
I'm after buying the standard shift unit, if you have it laying around please

:D

I have standard a 997 shifter removed from my MY2010 C2S. FWIW, I'm very happy with my SSK

Are you in Albert Park in Melbourne by any chance or is there an Albert Park in the UK ?

If so, I'm in Adelaide and could easily ship it to you if you're interested.

Pm if you want to make an offer. :)

Ha! Albert park is added by the forum, I think it changes your associated circuit depending on your forum service years!

I'm in the UK, so suspect delivery will be a lot. Thanks for the offer though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back