Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bit of help with mpg on a Gen 2 Turbo

easternjets

Paul Ricard
I've been running my Gen 2 turbo for a few months now and noticed that the mpg is quite a bit more than my previous Gen 1 so can I ask any owners on here to give me some figures from their cars.
I've got the car booked into my local OPC for an ECU check to see if it's had a remap and also check to see if any senors are faulty.
If anyone has figures for motorway runs that would be great. Thanks in advance.

About 24 / 28mpg on the motorway depending on my 'cruising speed 😉

I was getting 15 mpg in my gen1 mostly town driving and hard driving on a weekend. I did a 2500 mile trip in Europe the other week and returned 22 mpg that was until i noticed the settings were in US gallons :floor: it ended up ay 27 mpg, worth checking.

My average in first 1000 miles is 18.7
Motorway it will tell me I'm at 29-32 depending speed.

Not a clue mate. Don't think I've ever checked either. MPG wasn't really on my mind when I bought this bad boy!
IMO it's better to be running rich than lean which yours seems to be. I'd be inclined to do what you're doing though and check for a remap. Maybe it's had all the OE hardware bolted back on and the map left on. Or maybe (and more likely) I'm talking shoite.
You're in the unusual position of having two similar cars to compare. Let us know how you get on :thumb:

As I mentioned I've got it booked in for a check so at least I will know if it's been 'tampered' with, which I very much doubt it has but at least OPC will do a complete run through just to make sure every things running right.
Out of interest the other night after our club meet I ran the car up to temp, reset the trip to zero and did a 25 mile run down the A1 with the C/C set at 70 mph, didn't do any overtakes just sat at 70 mph all the way home and the trip showed 30 mpg. I know you can't believe anything you read in the manual regarding mpg it seems a bit low but probably about right.
Out of interest the Gen 1 would get about 34 mpg doing the same run, so much for progress!

At 70 - cruise control id expect mid 30's in mine.
I get indicated 30'at 80-85

My 997.2 turbo seems far better on the fuel than my BMW M4 competition pack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back