Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Cab, overwinter question

AlanPM

Hi, so I am probably going to cover the cab for a few months over winter. It has a removable hardtop so which is in your opinion the best way of doing this, bearing in mind I have a brand new soft top just fitted.

1, cover car with hard top fitted, as soft top folded for a couple of months, it will obviously crease a bit.

2, cover car with soft top up, no creases but is it as effective if we get some really cold weather

Your feedback great fully received.

Interesting one, Personally I'll be putting my hardtop on when the clocks go forward.

However if I wasn't driving it, or only occasionally when the sun was out would probably just stick to covering the car.

If my folder Elise canvas roof is anything to go by I'd invest in a really good securable cover and let the canvas roof breath and be taught. My Canvas roof looks like crap being folded away... (I prefer my Elise with its hardtop on as it's a track car, I don't use the softtop unless taking the kids out for fun).

Noticed a C4s Cab around the corner uses a cover on his, his car looks brand new and the roof factory fresh, don't believe I've ever seen a hard top on it..

Added bonus is when you get one of those crisp clear sunny days you'll be able to jump in drop the roof and enjoy your car! Worst thing we do to our cars over the winter is not drive them, at least a few heat cycles a month keeps the seals healthy... Unless you put a car into a heated, vented storage facility I reckon you'll save money in the long term by using it for at least 30 mins every couple of weeks over the winter. Maybe be a bit careful not to open the roof if it's freezing just in case? :?:

Don't fit your hardtop unless you're using your car daily over the winter and want to benefit from the heated rear window and improved insulation. If the car is going to be left dry (inside or undercover) then the best option is to just leave the roof up and keep your hardtop for "a rainy day".

BTW - how much did it set you back for the new soft top?

Soft top

Hi guys, sorry for delay in getting back, appreciate the input, thinking I will leave the soft top up and cover the car when weather gets particularly bad. I had it replaced at allhoods in Romford, Brian who runs it is old school craftsman and open to a deal, hence £950 cash. Plus he recovered the rear shelf, you know the bit where the rollover bars pop up from, including the flappy bits, that was an extra but well worth it as all matches and looks OE new.

:thumb: thanks.

Hi, is BAS the manufacturer, if so not sure. I think he reused the existing heated glass window as it was good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back