Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Slate Grey 993s

ad64

Went out on Sunday morning for a drive/breakfast run in my 'rare' colour slate grey 993 and guess what....

Attachments

• img_4521_128.jpg
    img_4521_128.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 7,674
Neither of you can park :)

Ooh look at the C4's number plate, R943 OCD. Two small changes to P993 OCD and it would have automatic entry into the illuminati... :grin:

Great colour btw, although I prefer the less cluttered rear (no high/third brake light) and the Black Script on the C2.

C.

ad64 said:
Went out on Sunday morning for a drive/breakfast run in my 'rare' colour slate grey 993 and guess what....

Common as muck.

Such a beautiful colour, congratulations to both

But you should both park in the designated bays.............

Very pretty indeed. It's one of those moody colour which looks fab on an overcast day :thumb:

Fab on a 993 and imo THE best colour alongside black & mint green on a 964 coupe

Was the slate grey available on the wide body or was it PTS?

If I'd had a choice it would be Iris Blue - whatever colour, the is no better rear end view!

Slate Grey on the widebody does look good. :thumb:

C.

Attachments

• 993_hartmann_twists_191.jpg
    993_hartmann_twists_191.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 7,335
Alam said:
Was the slate grey available on the wide body or was it PTS?

Peter Morgan's 911 book states Slate Grey was a special-order colour in 1995 only. So after that PTS.

Paternie's Porsche 911 Red Book mirrors this: R and S programme cars have Slate as an option, T and V do not. This is a great little book.

As I might have mentioned before... Slate Grey was often specced up by Porsche Cars GB for early press and directors' cars.

Love Slate Grey on the early 911's, well, I've no idea what precise year they started doing Slate Grey? Nice looking cars in the first pic.
Portiacraft seem to have one they describe as graphite grey but it looks like Slate Grey, don't think graphite was a 993 colour anyway. Definitely seen it on a 964 turbo and that looked great - that's the car I want if the Classic market ever comes tumbling down! I'll pay £1k above whatever zingari bids ;-)

Slate with Black/Marble is a cracking combo and that car would look stunning on some body coloured splits. ;)

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back