Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Member - New Porsche Ordered!

catflap

Just ordered a new Cayenne Diesel S to replace my XC90 Hybrid. Very excited at the prospect of Porsche ownership!

Managed to find a well spec'd White 'Platinum Edition' car in stock at my local Porsche dealer and negotiated a good price (I suppose the arrival of the new MY18 car helped) :grin:

Congrats and welcome aboard the luxury end of Porsche ownership! We have a 2011 cayenne at home it still drive like a new car. Can drive halfway up the country and feel as fresh as when you left home. Although I may not be the best to review such a car as I do not normally do comfort lol.

Not sure buying a Diesel is the right thing when the Govt is trying to phase out them to start with. May be I am being paranoid 😟

Slayer said:
Not sure buying a Diesel is the right thing when the Govt is trying to phase out them to start with. May be I am being paranoid 😟

That's an interesting comment....not sure what's going to happen with the heavy oil/derv cars as registrations are already well down vs 12 months ago.

Could it become the "devils fuel" I wonder as I am already starting to feel the slight pangs of guilt driving my current RR sport 😳

wizard993 said:
Slayer said:

That's an interesting comment....not sure what's going to happen with the heavy oil/derv cars as registrations are already well down vs 12 months ago.

Could it become the "devils fuel" I wonder as I am already starting to feel the slight pangs of guilt driving my current RR sport 😳
I am glad my Golf is on a PCP, so could walk away if all goes Pear shaped.

850Nm of torque swung it for me, fell in love with its mid-range 'shove' - had to have it!

Might as well enjoy ourselves and have a big lump while we still can.

Ordered Saturday, picking it up tomorrow :grin:

catflap said:
850Nm of torque swung it for me, fell in love with its mid-range 'shove' - had to have it!

Might as well enjoy ourselves and have a big lump while we still can.

Ordered Saturday, picking it up tomorrow :grin:

...well, when you put it like that(enjoy)

catflap said:
Just ordered a new Cayenne Diesel S to replace my XC90 Hybrid. Very excited at the prospect of Porsche ownership!

Managed to find a well spec'd White 'Platinum Edition' car in stock at my local Porsche dealer and negotiated a good price (I suppose the arrival of the new MY18 car helped) :grin:

We have a black platinum edition 3.0d have to say we love, best car I've driven just soaks up the miles.

Done 3000 miles in the diesel S now and loved every one of them! Fantastic performance and economy, drove 130 miles to London this morning and managed 37mpg.

I was surprised at the total lack of grunt off boost (<1800 rpm) though from 2000 to the red-line is fantastic for a diesel.

Ive just got a V8S Plat Edition.

What spec is yours? How much did you wangle off?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back