Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Soon be that time of year.

Phil 997

Well it wont be long before the frosts are here so time to stock up on a few winter bits for those of us that use our cars through the winter months .or any new 911 owners .

1 On the list is Gummi Pflege , as quick run round your door rubbers with this will stop them sticking to the glass in the frost making it difficult to open the doors

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nextzett-...414647&hash=item25d6bf711e:g:ar4AAOSw32lYwD4A

2 ACF50 this is applied to the underside of the car to protect it, its the 2017 version of wax oil and far less messy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACF-50-Mo...bricant-964ml-32oz-spray-bottle-/332120915817
epid=596160496&hash=item4d53f2ff69:g:fxwAAOSwdGFYrS07

3 new set of wipers my personal preference is PIAA SUPER SPORZA SILCONE WIPERS I like them as they have a small wing on to help push against the glass I go for a 20" and a 21" and some gentle bending to keep the offside one off the scuttle and touching the glass as the end.

http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipers.asp

4 worth getting your battery tested to ensure its holding a good charge.

5 check plenty of tread on the all year tyres or change to winters .

I am sure other will have some other ideas but those are my must do's before the cold dark nights set in . and Sept ,Oct is the best time to prep the car for winter. :thumb:

Kim I do love that aged wrap mate , I was telling a mate about it at the weekend about how you mixed colours to get the rust effect etc. :thumb:

great post thank
was looking into underside treatment and seen ACF50 also seen aproduct by bilthamber Dynax-UC

Hopefully a little Indian summer to come before the sandals get put away for the winter :D

Lambretta said:
great post thank
was looking into underside treatment and seen ACF50 also seen aproduct by bilthamber Dynax-UC

I am sure they are probably similar but I went with ACF50 as that's the bikers choice and if it works on their bikes it's good enough for me :thumb:

ACF50 is great stuff. Once a year my bike gets a full coating, and i did the underside of my car a week ago!

Good post Phil, will invest in some lubricant to aid my rubbers hehe :floor:

Ive got the 50, but how do you guys apply it, do you just spray it everywhere underneath the car / inner arches etc... :?:

Boba fett said:
Ive got the 50, but how do you guys apply it, do you just spray it everywhere underneath the car / inner arches etc... :?:

I just spray it anywhere except on anything that gets very hot or where friction is involved, brake discs, belts etc. I use it all year round anyway as it makes cleaning places like the engine bay, battery compartment much easier!

acf50 used by boeing used on my bikes for years top stuff

acf50 used by boeing used on my bikes for years top stuff

Thanks again Phil more money spent
ACF50 ordered
Hofully going to do a full underside clean and treatment i will take some snap shots

Never heard of the ACF50 stuff, looks good!

Is it really as good as waxoil though? Really? I mean does it last for months/years and protect against the harshest weather and (in particular) salt?

If it does I'll be buying some! Would love to hear what you guys that use it think because waxoil is 'orrible stuff!

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back