Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What are the additional key functions?

Grey996

Nurburgring
This afternoon I unlocked the car and I'm not sure what I did but the frunk opened too. Thinking this would be handy I tried to do it again by holding the button down or beeping twice and whilst I couldn't do the frunk again I can get the windows to go up and down.

This is all new to me so I was wondering if there were other functions I wasn't aware off and if there was a list of which key press sequences to activate them?

Thanks

It depends on how many buttons are on the key and what the car has been coded to .

Main button is lock unlock and if coded will open / close windows if its held down .

Other 2 are for boot / bonnet ( pressand hold ) .. dont think there is a cab roof button on a 996 ? someone will answer that i hope :)

Thats why i just fix these things .

Attachments

• keys_1_212.jpg
    keys_1_212.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2,280
funny reading a similar thread last week re the 997 and I found my 997.2 didnt wind down or up the windows if I hold the lock un lock button so got my tech round monday morning with durametric pro to code the windows but still no luck he went in and turned comfort windows audio and various other things on but still no luck. So back to using the old finger to wind them up before leaving the car lol. :thumb:

Thats a bit bit strange Phil .. its comfort codeing that makes that function work and you can code it to different settings on each key you have.

My feeling is his tester didnt see all the coding options .. i think you use an OPC for service ? if so ask them to code it on next time your in there .

Downside ..and why its probably turned off is we used to have a problem with cars opening the windows on there own .. turned out to be the key buttons in peoples pockets were being pressed and causeing it .

Theres a codeing to delay the function unless the button is held down these days .. thats how Porsche got around it ..

Short
Medium
Long

Theres a millisecond amount for each one but i cant remember it .. 700 and 1100 ring a bell .

Thanks Iain, I was thinking it might need piwis . interesting about the delay option for unwind that's a great idea as I was worried about them unwinding as I walked away. I will pop into my opc and get them to sort it . thanks for the advise its always easier if I can tell them what I want and know they can do . :worship: :thumb:

Sorry Grey 996 for the slight thread hijack now back on track :thumb:

Ask them to set the key delay to 1100 milliseconds .. thats the longest setting there is and you should be fine .

I still cant remember the short setting .. im getting old .. sigh .

Thanks, yes mines the middle key, I was hoping there might be some more secret James Bond functions but never mind!

The new tricks should come in handy though.

Demort said:
Ask them to set the key delay to 1100 milliseconds .. thats the longest setting there is and you should be fine .

I still cant remember the short setting .. im getting old .. sigh .

:thumb: :thumb: me too mate and 6 weeks of summer hold just aged me another 5 years lol

I have the 3 button key. My key, the larger button unlocks the car doors and if you hold it down a few seconds it also opens the windows and drops the soft top down...nice touch when approaching. The second button opens the bonnet and the third pops the boot.

Mine has the centre key. button by the blade locks and unlocks the car the other one opens and closes the soft top, and or closes the windows if open.
Cant open the trunk or engine compartment as mine is manual levers not electric buttons (but at least I dont get into trouble when the battery runs flat)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back