Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

insurance quote value..

mr gill

Monza
So its the time of year again to gather Insurance quotes..... just logged onto go compare, according to indusrty standard my car is worth £10.895 on a forecourt and just £8100 trade price! I'll have another 2 then please! hahaha
shocking!

Its a keeper then? You were looking to sell for £20k and add £10k to get a Maserati Gran Turismo 4.2 auto?

Values on these cars are crazy for insurers.

well remembered, yes i am still looking to do exactly that.. but i wont be selling the 996 for 10k i can assure you that! where do they get these ridiculous prices from? its obviously not the going rate....
I really want a granturismo, they just look fantastic, but everytime i drive the 911 i wonder if i will be making a huge mistake by selling it, its a great car that has never let me down touch wood (apart from needing 2 new batteries in over 5 years). It really is a great reliable car, but i guess if i think like that i will never change it.
I am in the Philippines on business for 3 weeks at the moment, giving me lots of time to think about a new car, i need to just take the plunge soon and go for it... you only live once..

I'm in the West Coast USA at the moment. Just go for it!
There is a life beyond Porsche cars. Ideal would be to keep the Porsche and buy into an Italian V8. That way you can enjoy the uniqueness of each.

But if that is not to be, then chop it in and try the Maser as you only live once.
And don't believe all the pub bar tales of Italian cars owned by a mates Dad who had nowt but trouble and how German stuff is the best thing on four wheels and Italian stuff falling to bits all the time. Talk to guys who own the marque you want to buy - not those who don't or have not owned one.

Buy a good one in the first place. Don't scrimp on maintenance and servicing and you'll enjoy the experience. Guess this applies to any prestige marque.

i wish i could afford both, but i would still need to third car for the commute to work, where about on the west coast? we have a facility in Torrance, L.A, its much nicer than being here i can assure you that!

Don't rule out keeping both. You can buy a cheap commute car any day. Where there's a will etc.....

You will drool every morning looking at the Pininfarina curves of a Gran Turismo alongside the wide body hips of the C4S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back