Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sidelight holder replacement

caterman

Monza
Went to change my sidelight bulb and the bulb holder has cracked and isnt holding the bulb in place.

Am I ok to replace the holder with a generic bulb holder (I have one that will fit into the headlight lens) by snipping the old wires and fitting connectors for the generic holder?

The sidelight has 3 wires although two go into one connector. The bulb is the same as for the sidelight repeaters however they only have two wires?

Hopefully I am overthinking the issue.

"The bulb is the same as for the sidelight repeaters however they only have two wires?"
Sorry, I meant to say the side indicator repeater has 2 wires
:roll:

The ground will be shared hence two wires in one terminal on one, it's how the ground is split out to the next bulb in the chain. Saves terminations and reduces conector sizes further up the loom.

As for the holder, if it fits it sits and all that :D

Thanks pop pop
All done and working after a frustrating 30 minutes getting the spanner to sit on the headlight lock.
I'm not very confident with wiring so I always feel a bit like a bomb disposal man "should I cut the red wire or the blue wire first" :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back