Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne wheel caps

Richard74

I notice on quite a few Cayenne's over about 6 years old that the centre wheel caps can be rather corroded. Is this a common problem?

Where's the best place to get replacements?

I've just bought a very low mile 2016 Cayenne Hybrid and found that the wheel caps were, just as you say, corroded. OPC had no issue in replacing under warranty but it struck me as odd that they would do that on such a new car.

I'm guessing that at some point in its short life someone may have used a strong wheel cleaner on them which has got at the edges of the cap and under the coating to allow the corrosion to take hold.

RS2 JIM said:
I've just bought a very low mile 2016 Cayenne Hybrid and found that the wheel caps were, just as you say, corroded. OPC had no issue in replacing under warranty but it struck me as odd that they would do that on such a new car.

I'm guessing that at some point in its short life someone may have used a strong wheel cleaner on them which has got at the edges of the cap and under the coating to allow the corrosion to take hold.

My car is six months old...apart from one wash where it was in a bodshop (thanks Mrs Cheib) I have always washed it and they have a ceramic coating on them. I've noticed mine have started to go...bit pissed off!

introduce yourself .

The Porsche Panamera is a luxury four-door sedan.[1][2][3] It is front-engined with two-wheel drive, with all-wheel drive versions also available.
The Porsche Panamera production model was unveiled at the 13th Auto Shanghai International Automobile Show in Shanghai, China, on April 2009.[4] In 2011, hybrid and diesel versions were launched. In April 2013, a facelift to the Panamera was announced, launching again at the Auto Shanghai show.[5] A plug-in hybrid version, the Panamera S E-Hybrid, was released in the U.S. market in November 2013.

I'm pretty sure it affects all Porsche centre caps. I've got OEM one new maybe 12-18 months ago and noticed the other day they're on the turn.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back