Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranty

Zorro

I didn't know this, but I was extolling the virtues of the Porsche warranty on my Cayenne following a major repair and the service guy says that apparently you can now get a Porsche warranty on the 993. I bet the pre warranty inspection is a bit thorough.

Smoke and mirrors chum. Not worth the dough on a 993 but defo on a 958 3.0D for when the oil leak crops up :what:

Zingari said:
Smoke and mirrors chum. Not worth the dough on a 993 but defo on a 958 3.0D for when the oil leak crops up :what:

Definitely, have just cashed in that chip.

I spoke to Porsche Swindon about this out of curiosity. They confirmed that everything has to be standard. In my case this would have included replacing

1 Bosch battery with a Porsche one
2 H&R springs back to standard
3 replace Scart exhaust with standard Porsche exhaust

Oh and pay for an inspection and then pay for the warranty[/list]

Zingari said:

Oh yes I learned that one the hard way :roll:

According to OPC tewkesbury Porsche are trying it for a year and sees what happens. My poor old 993 couldn't have it as she's covered more than 125k miles. Well that's a saving then :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back