Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dash cam hardwiring for 997.2

ellistai

Spa-Francorchamps
I am sure some of you have done the same. Just wanna to share what I did for mine:

36737707952_2a4d8956a9_o.jpg

(I have problem in posting picture in portrait direction, it keeps showing as landscape)

So I used the add-a-fuse thing and plugged it into #8 fuse of the first row (i.e. 12v socket under the arm rest), and earthed it with the only bolt visible (i.e left of the fuse box)

Wire, as usual, runs along the roof headliner, then A pillar, then down to the fuse box. I found the gap at the headliner and A pillar is quite big, wire can hardly stay in.

36737708182_9bd44732c8_o.jpg

36099945343_b724446696_o.jpg

Jake911 said:
Most useful - Thank you :thumb:
You are welcome :viking:

There is no way i want a camera recording how i drive in the Porsche :floor: :floor: :floor:

I had mine fitted by Halfords, cost £30 I think it was along with the dash cam & fixing kit, as for power its done with one of them piggyback fuses (I think that's what they are called).
It stays one for around 2-3 minutes after you turn the ignition key off, then shuts down. I'm not sure what fuse its doubled up with but more than happy to have a look if anyone needs to know.

Swamps :)

AdeD said:
There is no way i want a camera recording how i drive in the Porsche :floor: :floor: :floor:

Not so sure about that, makes an interesting watch when you get home, Would love to post my favourite clip but won't :hand:

Swamps :)

Connected up my Blackvue in a similar fashion but used a Power Magic Pro box wired in between it and the fuse box. The Power Magic is wired to provide continuous power (so that parking mode works) but will shut off the supply if it senses a voltage drop below a certain level. Battery doesn't get drained as a result. :thumbs:

AdeD said:

Forces me to behave :cop: :judge: :lock:
Thankfully the Garmin has the micro SD handy so in the event of an emergency pop out and swallow :yuk:

tgdesign said:
AdeD said:

Like you stole it.

:?:

Not quite but i have been known to 'make progress' from time to time ;-)

AdeD said:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :worship: :worship: :thumb: :thumbs:

AdeD said:

This is why I don't have one.....

Can be seized by the old Hot Fuzz and used against you.....

ellistai said:
I am sure some of you have done the same. Just wanna to share what I did for mine:

36737707952_2a4d8956a9_o.jpg

(I have problem in posting picture in portrait direction, it keeps showing as landscape)

So I used the add-a-fuse thing and plugged it into #8 fuse of the first row (i.e. 12v socket under the arm rest), and earthed it with the only bolt visible (i.e left of the fuse box)

Wire, as usual, runs along the roof headliner, then A pillar, then down to the fuse box. I found the gap at the headliner and A pillar is quite big, wire can hardly stay in.

36737708182_9bd44732c8_o.jpg

36099945343_b724446696_o.jpg

That sure looks simple enough! Thanks :) Will be getting mine hard-wired soon as it's currently from the 12v

AdeD said:

Ive got one as I live in the countryside. When you hear of an accident on a country lane between a lady in a Kia and a Porsche, who is immediately thought of at fault?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back