Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake lines

paul987

I was just replacing my caliper afierce fitting new discs... and errrm I it fell off... :sad: the metal line snapped.. it was heavily corroded so I would have needed to replace soon anyway.. but I wasn't planning on doing it now.. :sad:

So.. has anyone bought any brake lines recently? Where's the best place to buy them?
Thanks

Dead easy to make your own and will cost you pennies. Have a look in my boxster thread in my sig, i'm sure I make some in that.

Anyway, any motor factors will sell you 10m of copper brake line, a bunch of ferrules and a tool to flare the edges. I quite like making brake lines actually.. I just stand there daydreaming whilst doing it...

:thumb:

ragpicker said:
Dead easy to make your own and will cost you pennies. Have a look in my boxster thread in my sig, i'm sure I make some in that.

Anyway, any motor factors will sell you 10m of copper brake line, a bunch of ferrules and a tool to flare the edges. I quite like making brake lines actually.. I just stand there daydreaming whilst doing it...

:thumb:

Thanks Ragpicker
I do seem to remember seeing you making some on your Boxster thread.. I shall indeed look into it.. I think I may need to concentrate whilst doing it :lol: :thumb:

+1 on Rag's solution.

Is it the hard lines on the body or the short line from the flexi to caliper? If it's the short one, you can by these pre made from OPC or Design911. Only cost 20 quid tops

It's it enables no. 7 on this :thumb:

Attachments

• 604_10_996_1998_05_406.gif
    604_10_996_1998_05_406.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 6,346
Cunifer......... Corrosion proof, not as soft (hence harder to form curves etc) as copper. Though better than copper as that does corrode too. Looks better quality than copper as well I think.

Did mine last week... cost me about £15 the pair. Make sure you buy a flare spanner for removing old lines /fixing new. Will save you rounding nuts!

Jamesx19 said:
Cunifer......... Corrosion proof, not as soft (hence harder to form curves etc) as copper. Though better than copper as that does corrode too. Looks better quality than copper as well I think.

Cunifer, I've not heard of that before... :?: sounds a bit offensive :lol:

ragpicker said:
Do you want me to make you one and send it to you?

Ragpicker that is very very generous of you.. :thumbs: alas I've just ordered a pair of them online about 20mins ago..
Because it's my daily I chickened out on the diy front... but I do plan to use the approach on various other pipes when I'm not so limited on time :oops:

Jamesyg said:
Did mine last week... cost me about £15 the pair. Make sure you buy a flare spanner for removing old lines /fixing new. Will save you rounding nuts!

Yes I was surprised how cheap they were... unlike a lot of the other pipes.. flare spanner I've been reading about them and was pleasantly surprised halfords sell them for about a fiver :thumb:

paul987 said:
Jamesyg said:

Yes I was surprised how cheap they were... unlike a lot of the other pipes.. flare spanner I've been reading about them and was pleasantly surprised halfords sell them for about a fiver :thumb:

Nice one mate, hopefully all went well! I also purchased a sealey brake / clutch bleeder. Amazing piece of kit!!

Jamesyg said:
paul987 said:
Jamesyg said:

Nice one mate, hopefully all went well! I also purchased a sealey brake / clutch bleeder. Amazing piece of kit!!

Sadly my parts haven't arrived yet.. Bank holiday post I guess. So I'm sat twiddling my thumbs..
I have seen the sealey brake bleeder I think I'm going to get one.. they do look very good :thumb:

Jamesx19 said:

I've been looking into this Cunifer stuff.. it looks really good and not that expensive neither :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back