Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlamp / light part number help

wheatlc

Hi all

Thanks for reading as I am at the end of my patience with the ongoing issue of trying to get a correct part number and / or any answers on what the last 2 digits of the part numbers mean.

So I've been the proud owner of a 997.2 c2s cab for 6 weeks now! Only took my 30 years to realize the dream of the poster on my wall as a kid to the car in the garage! :D

Anyway my car, has a minor issue with the headlamp (basically it's all cloudy on the inside and the reflector is starting to lose it's chrome. I think the seal has gone!)

It's the n/s / passenger side (UK car) xenon headlamp. In trying to to source a replacement (a good used replacement would be ideal!) I contacted my nearest OPC, after a bit of confusion I contact OPC Silver stone and then today 911UK.

The part numbers I have been given...
997 631 157 03
997 631 157 04
997 631 157 17

Which one is correct?? What do the last 2 numbers mean??

In typical fashion I found on ebay 997 631 157 11

It's driving me nuts!
Can anyone help me tell me which is right and are the last 2 numbers important?
Can I buy 997 631 157 11 and swap the electronics over from my toast one that is currently in the car??

So many questions!
Thanks for the replies from one new confused 911 owner :D :)

Thanks chaps

From the part list book I found the latest number and then found a new part on. eBay!

9 apart guys were super helpful!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back