Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Usual 997 race culprits..

cliffbase

Monza
Last night i took my good lady out for dinner, this involved a 20 min drive. on the way home i had a first...
An old 2.8 Capri wanted to race! This got me thinking as in my experiance its normally BMW's

On my short drive yesterday i had a BMW 240, a 320 & a 520 all stuck to my bumper, none of which i entertained. Somehow knowing i have plently of power sometimes negates the need to show it off (not always!)

So i was wondering are BMW drivers the worst for wanting to race and is it particular to 997s?

Do mercs go for 996's?!

Thoughts please!

I usually find it's 17 year olds in Corsas that want to race :)

Last Saturday I had a matte grey A3 right up my chuff, later in the day I was driving the wife's car and the same A3 was following but at a distance. I'm guessing he didn't fancy his chances against a Mazda CX-5!!!

Not sure it specific to 997's. My favourite is my astra van when a BMW tries to push ahead at a roundabout and I see them disappear in my mirror. They eventually catch up and are normally laughing and give the thumbs up :D can't say I get much trouble from youngsters in corsas when in the turbo, maybe I'm moving too quick to notice them lol

BMW's pushing for a race around my way tend to have plod inside them. They egg you on and then pull you over :cop:

Usually Audis where I live when I'm in the Boxster. They don't realise that whilst its 16 years old its still as quick as a new S3 which never fails to entertain if I engage..

Its no fun in the turbo, they're no longer in the rear view by the time I look so I've given up bothering, in fact I don't even notice if anyone is trying it on anymore.

It's normally a middle aged man driving a Zafira that likes to have a go with me :lol:

It's normally new stuff with young lads driving, Spending all their money PCP'ing a big Merc or Audi. I do like to show those what the 911 can do though. :evil:

Used to be the odd Audi and Mercedes.

But since the 9eXX stickers have been applied, no one has bothered to entartain me LOL

Last one was Audi Q7 ffs !!! right up my ar5e and a right idiot, let him go on his way

Lots of cars do the traffic light grand prix round my way, rev the hell out of their cars, a little wheel spin, sprint off and then I toodle up 10 seconds later at the next set of lights, why entertain such stupidity

Some jesture to open the window and ask what power I have - "enough" (for now!)

I always find its the fast Skoda's that the drivers seem they have something to prove.

I don't bother with other cars, I go for the bikes!!

Of course Boba....but they always can weave in and out, its no fun once they pass on the inside or similar

Fun with bikes is always good and when they are up for it, BOY are they up for it...braver than me on 2 wheels thou

Yeah my last couple of jousts have been with bikes. A run into the Lincolnshire countryside and it's not long before you see 'bandits at 6 o' clock' Open roads are interesting but I don't play in traffic.
Had an AMG 63 stuck right up my chuff through a village the other day but when the road opened up he soon faded in my mirror. But to be fair my car is blisteringly quick.
I ride super bikes too. 60 to 130 and the bikes will nail me but either side of these speeds, through the twisties and on the brakes my turbo is boss.

They don't want to race knowing they can beat you or get close it's more the fact of seen the 911 get driven fast and hearing the exhaust note.

Bomber said:
I usually find it's 17 year olds in Corsas that want to race :)

Stuff me i actually had just this .. Saturday morning on the way to work , i really couldn,t be bothered leaveing him for dust ( going home and it would have been different ) .. after a mile i considered it a bit too close so waved him past .. he then passed as close as he could .

So its not Just Porsche owners that have this problem.

I remember the car though so ill see him again :)

Theres a black BMW M240 cabrio which wants to race me all the time near me.

It is driven by the wife though! ;)

you would be surprised just how fast it is, 335bhp and 369ft/lb torque make it interesting to say the least......

I find its usually Audis which want to race me.

You can't drive past an Audi Rs3 or VW R32 without the gauntlet being thrown down.

I don't often take them on, however when I do, it is nice to see them as a blip in my mirror!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back