Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Langley Autocraft - great service

AngusG

Trainee
I mentioned recently I needed some bodywork repair work done after someone had scratched a couple of panels on my 997 turbo.

I was pointed to Langley Autocraft (thanks to kerb scraper / resigner!) and took it there earlier this week.

They've done a great job and I'm really pleased. Service was awesome too - they were in touch with me all week to update me, showed me photos, did me a deal on getting the bonnet done while they were at it and gave the car a nice clean ready for collection this morning.

All in all, very impressed and would definitely recommend them.

:thumb: Good to hear that.

They do bodywork and MOTs for JZM (who are just down the road) and are consequently very familiar with Porsche. I've used them for years (ever since my old 996 needed a replacement rear PU) and am also very happy with them.

I went to see them, but the main guy who quotes wasnt there and the most I could get out of them was "about £400 a panel" so went home. Sure they do good work, but I didn't love the attitude of not bothering. Mines being fixed this week by a guy who does mobile work, much more serious than people like chips away etc, uses a tent which goes over pretty much the whole car.

So, he is doing the rear quarter dent/scrape which goes onto the door as well, and a key scratch on the front wing, along with a scrape on the rear bumper, for £400. Will see what his end result is like, but from what I've seen its a good quality job.

Disco said:
They do bodywork and MOTs for JZM (who are just down the road) and are consequently very familiar with Porsche. I've used them for years (ever since my old 996 needed a replacement rear PU) and am also very happy with them.

Each to there own, i respect that but in my experience i was not happy with the work they did on my sunroof. Poor colour matching and seals not attached properly. JZM use a number of body shops some for there others are far better... Just my opinion!

K

resigner said:
I went to see them, but the main guy who quotes wasnt there and the most I could get out of them was "about £400 a panel" so went home. Sure they do good work, but I didn't love the attitude of not bothering. Mines being fixed this week by a guy who does mobile work, much more serious than people like chips away etc, uses a tent which goes over pretty much the whole car.

So, he is doing the rear quarter dent/scrape which goes onto the door as well, and a key scratch on the front wing, along with a scrape on the rear bumper, for £400. Will see what his end result is like, but from what I've seen its a good quality job.

Would be interested to know how this goes for you :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back