Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear exhaust boxes for 996

trig_112

Monza
This is the kit that I bought and now have for sale, the mild sports model:

https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-9...ype=exhausts&make=PORSCHE&model=996&year=2004

I had them fitted to the car for circa 12m/2000 miles. I had a PSE that was fixed open and a driving holiday to Italy, so I got these so that the car wouldn't drone so much on the longer motorway schleps.

All the fitting kit provided by Top Gear comes with it, so all you need is the nuts and bolts to mount the boxes themselves.

I no longer have the boxes they were delivered in but can package them up sufficiently to ship them. Alternatively, I live near Kettering, so collection/meeting at a reasonable place is an option.

I'm looking for £350 for some very high quality exhausts.

No offence but when purchasing from topgear you get a lifetime guarantee in your ownership for in the region of £420 delivered (for a member's discount).

How does this compare to your offer?

No offence taken.

Firstly, you can't get that offer, they are out of stock. Anyone that wants to replace the standard boxes at the moment is faced with Dansk as their best option, at a much greater price.

Second, if they are confident enough in the product to offer a lifetime warranty as you state, then there shouldn't be an issue with a set that has had this little use.

So I suppose the simple answer to your question is that if someone needs a set of boxes in the immediate future, they get a bit of a discount on a lightly used product that is currently unavailable from the manufacturer and is cheaper than many other options.

They also get the opportunity to negotiate.

Thanks for the reply. :thumb:

Very interested and have sent you a message.

Sold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back