Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New exhaust fitted to my Turbo

lofi

I have been looking at getting a new exhaust and remap for years. Finally, after 4 years of ownership, and when a second hand 9e switchable exhaust became available, I have taken the plunge. 9e did their usual brilliant job of doing the work whilst I was on holiday. They came across a broken diaphragm in one of the original diverters and so fitted a pair of second hand Forge ones along with a new silicon F-pipe.

On start up inside 9e's new sales room, where the car was waiting, it was very, I mean very, loud. The exhaust starts with the flaps open and the sound really is quite something. Quick tap on the fob and the flaps close. Closed it is close to standard but with a little added rumble. The difference between flaps closed and open is not subtle - it's a marked difference.

It's the same out on the road. Slightly more edge and noise with the flaps closed, but certainly no more intrusive than as standard. With them open the sound never leaves, it's always there.

Notwithstanding my satisfaction with the sound what impressed me even more was what had happened to the throttle response. It was now absolutely sharp, not in the same way as a great NA car, but certainly amazing compared to my previous experience in the turbo. Whether this is real, or just the effect of the additional noise, but the throttle is now so closely linked to the sound out the back that I can't think it's coincidental.

There was significantly more thrust lower down the rev range. I mean to me it felt like loads more. Whether it's the better cats, improvement over weak diverters, f-pipe or a combination of all three leading to the improvement I don't know but it feels amazing. So much so that I did begin to question whether the next stage, which will be a BMC filter and remap was really necessary. But hey, it's booked so we will see . . .

:thumbs:

Looking forward to hearing it on Bank Holiday Monday. :thumb:

lofi said:
So much so that I did begin to question whether the next stage, which will be a BMC filter and remap was really necessary. But hey, it's booked so we will see . . .

You will definitely notice a difference with a good re-map :thumb:

lofi, an exhaust and remap seriously improves these already impressive cars. As you have already noticed, throttle response becomes much more urgent, greatly improving the driving dynamic.

I resisted doing anything to mine for 2-3 years after ownership, but an itchy-feet moment had me looking at Gen2 S', however those thoughts were banished after a call to RSJ where Joel told me to hang on to mine. So an exhaust was chosen to match the earlier remap, wow! What a great alteration to make, it simply lifts the car to another level, -I love it even more now!

Go for the remap, it will make your car feel totally alive :cloud9:

LoFi

Do it man, your car is modified now and almost worthless LOL

You will be amazed, simple remap, some gt2rs coolers and good for 550-570 ponies and with great throttle response

Its a very slipperly slope tho !

FRP said:
LoFi

You will be amazed, simple remap, some gt2rs coolers and good for 550-570 ponies and with great throttle response

I'm staying away from your sheet ice vertical black run slippery slope, and the coolers may come in the future but a simple remap on Friday is all booked.

lofi said:
I'm staying away from your sheet ice vertical black run slippery slope.

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

lofi said:
FRP said:
LoFi

I'm staying away from your sheet ice vertical black run slippery slope, and the coolers may come in the future but a simple remap on Friday is all booked.

It sounds like it is too late. Embrace the gravity...

MC

ok, so whilst I'm still on the dry slopes what's the difference and thinking on these 3 coolers?

GT2rs
D088
Champion Motorsport

Any others ?

I will have a pair of GT2RS intercoolers for sale later this year. If you aren't doing a lot of high speed runs and not opening up your engine for other mods they are a cost effective option.

MC

Piers think most will agree gt2 rs coolers are considered the best option as far as performance to £ at the level you are aiming for.

ditto to the above,,,GT2RS are enough to a certain level

To save monies in the longer term and to negate any replacement intercoolers via the slippery slope!!!. Determine what your end goals are and where you want to end up.

FRP said:
ditto to the above,,,GT2RS are enough to a certain level

To save monies in the longer term and to negate any replacement intercoolers via the slippery slope!!!. Determine what your end goals are and where you want to end up.

Agreed on the intercooler. I have a brand new GT2RS cooler (right side) for sale at a bargain price. See adverts!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back