Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanting to hire a 997.1 3.8s manual

daz parker

Spa-Francorchamps
Does anyone know anywhere that hires this model out ideally near Donny Leeds Lincoln area?

I'd like ideally to have one for the day to fully see if I get on with it and like it etc, I have two kids and I'd like to take them out with me and been pretty big I want to have more of an experience than just a quick test drive from a garage.

I'd like it to be the model I want because if I hire a newer one that's going to change my plans and having just bought the wife a Range Rover she has taken some of my budget.

Any ideas?

I'd pop into my local OPC and tell them what you are looking for :dont know:

If they want a sale then they should let you have a car for a few hours surely :?:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
I'd pop into my local OPC and tell them what you are looking for :dont know:

If they want a sale then they should let you have a car for a few hours surely :?:

Yeah I'd thought that been seen as this version is getting old now not many dealers would have one?

Trying to get an extended test drive from a car sales pitch is hard and privatea well you've no chance.

daz parker said:
Trying to get an extended test drive from a car sales pitch is hard

I agree :yes:

But just be honest with them (dealer) and you never know

Yeah I'd thought that been seen as this version is getting old now not many dealers would have one?

You might be surprised. My OPC recently contacted me and asked if I would like to sell my 997.1, as they were experiencing high demand from potential customers (mine is still under warranty).

That said, finding one local to you could be a challenge! The other option is to join a classic car club or hire through a high end club similar to below;

http://www.prestigecarclub.co.uk/

TonyC911 said:

You might be surprised. My OPC recently contacted me and asked if I would like to sell my 997.1, as they were experiencing high demand from potential customers (mine is still under warranty).

That said, finding one local to you could be a challenge! The other option is to join a classic car club or hire through a high end club similar to below;

http://www.prestigecarclub.co.uk/

That car clubs looks ok.

I have considered it an option over buying one as it would be rarely used as I work a lot. That way I could hire a different one a month. Maybe not the Bugatti at £16500 tho!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back