Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leak. Any ideas?

isysman

Daytona
Hi gents,

So I'm in Monaco after driving through Spain/France. Car has been great, however as I parked the car a few minutes ago I noticed a pool of liquid running under the car. Upon closer inspection it appears to be dripping from the driver's side wheel arch. I was on a hill so I'll have to park level. Anyway it appears to be water, had no colour or smell. Also stopped when I turned off the engine. I've been blowing the AC like crazy and initially thought it might just be the water from it but it seems to be too much for this.

Anyone any ideas?

isysman said:
ragpicker said:
Air con :thumb:

Yeah I think so. It's been blasting all the time. Was 37 degrees on the way here.

+1

Mine left a similarly large puddle after a spirited drive in only 24 degree heat today.

my monies on A/c venting too :thumb:

Yeah, maybe aircon condensation.

But worth checking the radiator hoses, If its been up to temperature, and high pressure being pretty warm it might have forced a leak out of one of the hoses running through the front wheel arches.

I'm assuming Turbo coolant set-up is similar to Carrera. I know one of mine was leaking and tracking back on the underbody

if its clear, most likely AC condensation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back