Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted to buy: 997 C2S manual

sonic

Hi all, i am living in Germany, looking for a UK RHD 997 C2S (preferably) or possibly a C4S to buy and import to Germany (with the view to bring back to Australia in 2019 as a personal import).

My prerequisites:
- Any colour altho i prefer more flamboyant colours like reds/blues etc
- must be manual
- any mileage, i am more interested in a regularly serviced and well cared for car than low mileage
- MOT does not matter as i will be exporting it but it must be registered (even just a few months left is fine)
- must be a tintop, sunroof optional but would prefer without.

Looking to pay up to ~£25k. I have cash ready and i'm ready to get on a plane so if you have a 997 C2S and you want to liquidate it quickly rather than sit on it for 6-12 months hoping for a few extra grand then contact me ASAP.

Given i will probably buy sight unseen i will need to arrange an inspection of any vehicle so i'll need you to be open to dropping it off at a workshop of my choice near you.

I am a no ***** buyer, i am not a tyre kicker.

My email: Michael (at) sonicinteractive.com.au
My German mob number: "­+49 176 63042354"¬

Thanks, Mick

Well the search is over :) I bought a 2004 C2S from the UK and it's now registered and sitting in my garage in Germany.

Manual
61,000 miles
Hartech Engine rebuild with uprated IMS and new clutch 7k miles ago
Metallic blue paint

http://911uk.com/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1118

I'm stoked every time i drive it :)

Congrats mate
Always good to see another Aussie on here flying the flag. When it comes time to do the import drop Whytar a pm as he got onto some bloke who sorted his 997.2 import back to Sydney. Saved him a fortune from memory.
:thumb:

Wow £24,000! That's a great deal, congrats!

benbuhagiar said:

There are quite a few manual 997 C2S coupes advertised for sub 25k GBP on Autotrader but most have higher mileage (70-90k miles). My car is missing a few options like Sport Chrono but i think mileage is more important, realistic mileage that is, personally i also wouldn't have bought a car with much under 50,000 miles as they are liable to have issues from lack of use.

There was a Guards Red 2006 997 advertised with a dealer for around 27,990GBP with similar mileage to the one i bought, i phoned the guy but he wouldn't budge a cent, it had only been advertised for a couple of days tho. Shame as i love the red colour and would have probably paid up to 26k for it just due to the colour. Didn't have an engine rebuild either but did have the uprated IMS. I doubt that car will sell anytime soon, it's over priced in my opinion. You can get 2008/2009 model cars for that money.

FZP said:
Congrats mate
Always good to see another Aussie on here flying the flag. When it comes time to do the import drop Whytar a pm as he got onto some bloke who sorted his 997.2 import back to Sydney. Saved him a fortune from memory.
:thumb:

Awesome, thanks for the tip! I have two cars to import back lol, e46m3 and the C2S. Cars are such a bargain in the UK compared to Australia, i am very lucky i have the opportunity to bring them in under personal import.

sonic said:
benbuhagiar said:

There are quite a few manual 997 C2S coupes advertised for sub 25k GBP on Autotrader but most have higher mileage (70-90k miles). My car is missing a few options like Sport Chrono but i think mileage is more important, realistic mileage that is, personally i also wouldn't have bought a car with much under 50,000 miles as they are liable to have issues from lack of use.

There was a Guards Red 2006 997 advertised with a dealer for around 27,990GBP with similar mileage to the one i bought, i phoned the guy but he wouldn't budge a cent, it had only been advertised for a couple of days tho. Shame as i love the red colour and would have probably paid up to 26k for it just due to the colour. Didn't have an engine rebuild either but did have the uprated IMS. I doubt that car will sell anytime soon, it's over priced in my opinion. You can get 2008/2009 model cars for that money.

Is this the one you are referring to? http://www.pauldevyea.co.uk/porsche-911997-3-8-carrera-2s-coupe/

I went to look at it and made an offer but the guy wouldn't move on price at all.

benbuhagiar said:
sonic said:
benbuhagiar said:

Is this the one you are referring to? http://www.pauldevyea.co.uk/porsche-911997-3-8-carrera-2s-coupe/

I went to look at it and made an offer but the guy wouldn't move on price at all.

Yep that's it!

Obviously he's not in a hurry to sell it. To be honest i'd tip another grand or two in and get a Gen 2 instead of buying that. He came across as a bit arrogant when i spoke to him on the phone too.

Edit: oh and coz i'm in Germany i didn't need the warranty that came with it and he offered a lousy 500 quid off the price for the warranty, is that all a warranty is worth?

What did you offer him for it?

I offered £27k cash. Said I could have it for £27.5k without the warranty.

His warranty is in house and he values if at £500 apparently. I also thought he was arrogant but nice enough at the same time.

He thinks as it's Red and not many of them available, he can charge a premium.

A Gen 2 is a minimum of £35k so quite a bit more in my opinion.

Wow, he's mad passing up 27k. Talk about bone headed over 500 bux, the thing will cost him more than that sitting in the yard for 1-2 months and the time he'll have to spend to show other people etc, rediculous.

True red is a rare colour and very nice but whilst it's rare it is also polarising, many people wouldn't want a red car as it's a flamboyant colour so actually his target market is a lot more narrow than say a silver or black car.

I can't believe he knocked you back. The car isn't all that optioned, notice no sport chrono. I honestly think it's over priced. I reckon you dodged a bullet at that price.

Also have a look at AT, there are numerous Gen 2 cars well under 35k, actually when i was looking there was a really nice red 2009 for 32k.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back