Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

5 yrs later.... still loving my 996!

ScoobyDoo555

Barcelona
She went in for her yearly MOT..... and sailed through with NO advisories :)

Not been driving her for while due to my daughter learning to drive and I needed to be chaperone in her Clio.

So I've enjoyed driving it this last week.

Embarrassing fact - checked the MOT. Only done 4000 miles in 12 months.... and it's a daily driver!

Need to put more miles on her (MY00 with 111k)

Going to detail her for the forthcoming Winter in the next week (including bumper off to check the ducts and radiators etc).

Pictures are forthcoming :)

Dan

5 years bloody ek!!!! I'm sure I remember you searching for your car Dan! Although that may have been before I started posting, I was a lurker for a while lol. Nice to see you back posting too mate and to hear you are still enjoying the car.

Nice one :thumb:

I've just finished the NC500 and I'd have been as happy had I done it in Jess :cloud9:

The N/A 996 is the most under appreciated 911 in history relative to the capability it has. Fact :judge:

New997buyer said:

I've just finished the NC500 and I'd have been as happy had I done it in Jess :cloud9:

The N/A 996 is the most under appreciated 911 in history relative to the capability it has. Fact :judge:
Love that colour Paul :thumbs:

New997buyer said:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

........and next time, stop off at mine for a brew!!

LOL - sorry about late reply, not getting any email notifications(although I was).

Yeh, 5yrs has gone QUICK! Took it for a spin this afternoon and deliberately listened out for issues, unruliness from the suspension, knocks etc...... and nothing. Not a peep.

Just a really meaty sound when pressing the loud pedal to dispatch some of the slow people on the roads this afternoon :D

I did find myself looking at Turbos the other day but WOW.... they have increased a bit haven;t they? :D
And tbh, I don't think I could park a Turbo at work, not without it getting damaged. The C4 is Porsche enough to be revered in the car park, but normal enough to be left alone :)

When/IF the weather changes a bit, I'm going to sort out some prep for the Winter (cleaning out rads, drain holes etc)

But yeh, happy.

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back