Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where to buy DIN / USB and 30 pin for use with BOVEE??

Easto

Can anyone point me to a cable known to work.
I assume Porsche do these but I'd rather have one delivered than have to drive over for a cable.. any idea on ££

I don't need the lightening adapter as I've got a bovee blue tooth device

Thanks!

Will your local OPC post or deliver it , they are only £25/30 from them and they had them in stock when I needed one unfortunately its a Porsche part as it need the bit that plugs into the porsche connector .
If your struggling I could always pick one up for you from my OPC and post it. you could order and pay for it at Bournemouth OPC and I can stick it in the post if your miles from an OPC :thumb:

Thx
Have contacted my OPC to see if they hold them in stock and will wend

Phil 997 said:
Will your local OPC post or deliver it , they are only £25/30 from them and they had them in stock when I needed one unfortunately its a Porsche part as it need the bit that plugs into the porsche connector .
If your struggling I could always pick one up for you from my OPC and post it. you could order and pay for it at Bournemouth OPC and I can stick it in the post if your miles from an OPC :thumb:

30 quid from OPC inc postage.
:thumbs:

Easto, is your car gen2 or gen1?

Reason I ask is the gen1 that I just got has the Porsche audio interface in the console cubby similar to the gen2 I had before, it has a round din plug marked iPod and a jack plug marked aux. The Y cable is from the din plug to 30 pin iPod and a shorter piece to USB, again similar to the gen2.

It's not very sophisticated, just plays music via FM modulation on the PCM, but it would be a lot more useful if there was charging voltage coming out of the 30pin connector, which according to the specs I've read, there should be, but on mine there doesn't seem to be, Ive used a 12v - 5v converter, tried everything.

Reason for wanting power is so that I could do the same as you and plonk a Bovee/Tune2air on it and connect to my iphone, which has Apple music on it whereas the old nano that Ive got on there at the moment can only have my older iTunes music on it and I have to remember to charge it now and again.

Hi - it's a gen 2
I should have both tomorrow to test
Currently I have an old USB -> 30pin and iPod nano which works perfectly well but I want to use my Spotify.

In glove box mine has aux, din and usb

OK, thanks, my gen2 provided charge out of the iPod plug so your set up for spotify should be fine. In theory it should be same on this thing, grrr. I'll start a separate thread and see if any gen1 people have got their devices charging off the iPod connector ok.

My iPod charges of the USB as well.
I'm hoping I don't have to faff about too much and it just works.
I do have an old iPhone 4 that I could use worst case as a Spotify player and leave it in car.

MJA911 said:
OK, thanks, my gen2 provided charge out of the iPod plug so your set up for spotify should be fine. In theory it should be same on this thing, grrr. I'll start a separate thread and see if any gen1 people have got their devices charging off the iPod connector ok.

I have a feeling its slightly different electricals in the gen 1 as when I had my gen 1 I needed a small box cost about £10 between my cables and the ipod and it then charged the ipod which it didnt do before , cant for the life of me remember what the thing was called, but it was the technical support guy at Navtv that put me on to it. so you could call them and ask it wasnt one of their products but he knew what was needed. :thumb:

Easto said:
Hi - it's a gen 2
I should have both tomorrow to test
Currently I have an old USB -> 30pin and iPod nano which works perfectly well but I want to use my Spotify.

In glove box mine has aux, din and usb

Good to hear your getting sorted :thumb:

Easto said:
I do have an old iPhone 4 that I could use worst case as a Spotify player and leave it in car.

I just connected the Y cable thing one in the ipod adaptor one in the usb which I think is how it stays charged and the 30pin in the bovee blue light flashing on the bovee says its working then settings on the phone look for device found the bovee paired using code in the instructions put on spotify changed between CD to ipod on the pcm and away it went. you will still see on your phone the PCM also connects bluetooth that's for phone call connection . :thumb:

Yes I am sure the power comes from the usb port on the gen2 which the one in your pic in the link doesnt have and thats why you need the gadget the one in the link is not the same make but looks to do the same thing so I think thats your fix. but in your pic it also mentions other options from that company that allow for bluetooth connection for streaming that maybe your fix for a bovee type solution for the gen1 see their comments below taken from the ad.

"BLUETOOTH. Please note this is NOT a Bluetooth Music Receiver. If you want to use this adaptor to create a Bluetooth solution for your Bose 1 dock please buy with one of our 3 premium Bluetooth adaptors: LAYEN i-SYNC, LAYEN i-DOCK, LAYEN Bluetooth Audio Adapter. Or you can purchase the LAYEN BS-2 Bose Bluetooth receiver adapter kit."

Phil 997 said:
Easto said:

I just connected the Y cable thing one in the ipod adaptor one in the usb which I think is how it stays charged and the 30pin in the bovee blue light flashing on the bovee says its working then settings on the phone look for device found the bovee paired using code in the instructions put on spotify changed between CD to ipod on the pcm and away it went. you will still see on your phone the PCM also connects bluetooth that's for phone call connection . :thumb:

Great - wasn't sure if the phone would work for voice calls.
Looking forward to getting it sorted. I have zero cd's and I can't get decent stations on the radio.

@phil yes, makes sense if with the gen2 the charging power comes from the USB port, just like taking charge from a USB charger, but on this gen1 set up it's suppose to come out of the din port and be available on the iPod connection. I've tried a gadget like on the Amazon link because the gen1 would have been around in the day when iPod charging was 12v and nowadays it's 5v, but it still didn't work. Sorry for the thread hijack Easton, I'll use the other thread I stared.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back