Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Radio fascia

chriscoates81

I guys so I finally got round to fitting the connects 2 fascia around my headunit. It fits well, however I can't get it to go the 'correct' way round. I can't lift the headunit up high enough to get the large lip in. I think the solution may be to trim a small amount of the plastic strip that the cage locks behind. Anyone had to do this, I think the lip looks weird at the top but it will probably look better the other way up. I'm going to post some pics in a bit after I've put the kids to bed but it's just a bit of a biggie and I don't want to force anything.

Blimey, are they not in bed yet?

maldren said:
Blimey, are they not in bed yet?

I think you have your am's and pm's confused :grin: .

As promised, some pictures of what i mean
https://eeke1a.dm2304.livefilestore.com/y4m-aXhQ87GGXZelM04v4S63z20FRhgxALWs2BPKXbR-OUaJt9qWjRvKYtiw0uYOqxdIteasOfK_aQXzzJ1gCOY29F4WqGR6s60LCBnnRE3Sd0bnUa5TKUeTAvyLFY65rRydjqMgKTXyzi5I9uOzPt0oiBH9E6l8oohIMqW1xBHrkbWE33TlmmyE70ofio-RkbMHVMT7xgjXRS_64zf5QBjxQ?width=2688&height=1520&cropmode=none

https://d0ke1a.dm2304.livefilestore.com/y4mtqL8-LIKNU8kHMLlw-tZf92Zvf8f88eFtB_5m8smFmpPVe1i04ZY4W8BubQF8xjZ0g2NKQ_F0xUse6TlBl8IepTxwuD_9_PX9jfTTIIJjLcDaPP0A1qvRUwcGde9cQqyhvNlTxPCGAhgiT_5wVXPDwJQJiKQDUZRMCHyM9XjY_9ffGFtWdRwEPxmRKkhkeazBZlI8dyBTagb14tf7dRbeQ?width=2688&height=1520&cropmode=none

Edit sorry they've not embedded properly i can never remember how to do it.

Hi,

I seem to remember that some other people have fitted the trim upside down to get it to fit correctly.

Thats what i thought, but to do that i will need to trim the plastic backing plate.

I replaced my PCM#1 system with an Alpine Dual DIN height unit and used the same facia kit (996#1 without cup tray ejectors)

As mentioned above I wrestled with it for quite a long time and still couldn't get it to fit, until in a fit of luck I tried it upside down and it actually fits perfectly

I can take a photo for you tonight if that helps?

If you can that will be great. I suspect it's a case of either a lip at the top or a lip at the bottom.

No problems - was parking the car last night anyway so took the shots for you - hope they help :thumb:

Attachments

• stereofacia2_611.jpg
    stereofacia2_611.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 4,284
  • stereofacia1_121.jpg
    stereofacia1_121.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 4,284
Its those dam cupholders that's the problem. The fascia is designed to go flush with the vents in the earlier cars but also fits later cars. Not sure i can do anything about it.

Did you not get two different sized facias in the box?

Mine (from Design blah UK blah 911) came with the one in the photos, plus one with slimmer bottom which I didn't use (guessing it was for the one with the cupholders)?

FWIW, when I did my Pioneer double, the trick was to mount the stereo slightly further back into the recess.
Then the trim went on (with the lip at the top), perfectly.

Has anyone fitted one of these with cup holders? I need to change my original PCM at some stage!!

ScoobyDoo555 said:
FWIW, when I did my Pioneer double, the trick was to mount the stereo slightly further back into the recess.
Then the trim went on (with the lip at the top), perfectly.

Wouldn't the lower part be recessed too much? Also how did you get it in further, it was a bit of a squeeze getting in that far.

Are you sure the top of the cage is in as far as it will go/the metal side tabs on the cage are flush with the plastic surround?

On my car, the top corners of the fascia are flush with the cup holder - and the slight lip in the centre really isn't noticeable. On yours, it looks as though the top edge is protruding an extra few mm, which draws the eye.

Could there be a cable or something stopping the head unit from sitting level, that's just pushing the top out that bit more?

Attachments

• p1040169_152.jpg
    p1040169_152.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 4,130
  • p1040148_917.jpg
    p1040148_917.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 4,125
bo_duke said:
Could there be a cable or something stopping the head unit from sitting level, that's just pushing the top out that bit more?

Thanks - yes - good spot

It's not quite fully pushed in as I had the unit out as I was trying to match up an adapter from the OEM GPS receiver plug connector to the Alpine GPS connector socket

Got pretty close but then couldn't find a socket to match the OEM GPS receiver plug... so if anyone knows if this is the correct adaptor...

Attachments

• porschegps_355.jpg
    porschegps_355.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4,116

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back