Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suggest a car mat please

Mike-M

I've just been quoted £185 for a set of car mats for the 993 from OPC, needless to say I've decided against it. Can anyone recommend a quality car mat provider that uses the original pattern?

Any advise appreciated.

Marky911 said:
These are quite cool for the aircooled cars.

https://www.cocomats.com/

:thumb:

I was going to suggest coconut matting that I think Wilkinsons or B&Q sell.

Its a 993, buy the correct ones chum, you'll never look back but guaranteed to check the cleats of your monkey boots before you get in incase you've stood in something unpleasant :what:

Mike-M said:
I've just been quoted £185 for a set of car mats for the 993 from OPC, needless to say I've decided against it. Can anyone recommend a quality car mat provider that uses the original pattern?

Any advise appreciated.
I got a set from Precision Autoparts (eBay) in mid grey with red twist piping, £40, a bargain I thought. Nice quality material, the fronts fit perfectly the rears slightly wider than originals but I can live with that. Here is the item number 122315914765.

:hand: Just think when you've invested the money in an original set you can have the enjoyment that after a busy stressful day at work you can nip to the garage, peel away the protectiive covers, give a nonchalant nod to the guardian that is the ctek charger as you enter the carcoon breathing in the de-humidified air, careful not to trip over the tyre trainers protecting the rubber.

Then carefully opening the door sniff in the rich aroma of leather harking back to a Rover P5B that Uncle Fester used to drive, slide behind the drivers seat as you remove your sandals and socks and whilst making 'fists' with your toes in the thick almost shagpile luxury let all your daily worries dirft away and wonder what it would actually be like to take this 'beast' out on the road :roll:

If smoking was still in vogue I could see this as the backdrop to a Hamlet Cigar advert :thumb:

Matt at Type911 has a set of

993 RHD Classic Overmats
Product no.: 3364

Could be worth a look ..

Zingers its early to be on the tiger woods marching powder or opened a tasty neuf de pap to get through the day

Zingari said:
:hand: Just think when you've invested the money in an original set you can have the enjoyment that after a busy stressful day at work you can nip to the garage, peel away the protectiive covers, give a nonchalant nod to the guardian that is the ctek charger as you enter the carcoon breathing in the de-humidified air, careful not to trip over the tyre trainers protecting the rubber.

Then carefully opening the door sniff in the rich aroma of leather harking back to a Rover P5B that Uncle Fester used to drive, slide behind the drivers seat as you remove your sandals and socks and whilst making 'fists' with your toes in the thick almost shagpile luxury let all your daily worries dirft away and wonder what it would actually be like to take this 'beast' out on the road :roll:

If smoking was still in vogue I could see this as the backdrop to a Hamlet Cigar advert :thumb:
:D

Allan E said:
Mike-M said:

Any advise appreciated.
I got a set from Precision Autoparts (eBay) in mid grey with red twist piping, £40, a bargain I thought. Nice quality material, the fronts fit perfectly the rears slightly wider than originals but I can live with that. Here is the item number 122315914765.

Hi Allan, are you at Witton Castle Sunday for the PCGB show? I could have a neb at your mats?

Witton Castle

No Mike, I am booked in for the Eshott Flying Festival, it is on Friday the 18th, Saturday and Sunday. I will be with a few other classic owners, weather permitting the British Memorial Flight are sending their Dakota, Spitfire and Hurricane, aerobatic teams, plus skydivers and much more airborne machinery. There will be classic cars, military vehicles, bands, aircraft, sales stalls etc etc all celebrating the 75th anniversary of the airfield.
Here is s picture of the drivers mat, quality not great due to low light in the garage.

Attachments

• img_3358_157.jpg
    img_3358_157.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,243
Re: Witton Castle

Allan E said:
No Mike, I am booked in for the Eshott Flying Festival, it is on Friday the 18th, Saturday and Sunday. I will be with a few other classic owners, weather permitting the British Memorial Flight are sending their Dakota, Spitfire and Hurricane, aerobatic teams, plus skydivers and much more airborne machinery. There will be classic cars, military vehicles, bands, aircraft, sales stalls etc etc all celebrating the 75th anniversary of the airfield.
Here is s picture of the drivers mat, quality not great due to low light in the garage.

Sounds like a good few days entertainment there Allan. Thanks for the pic, they look quite plush.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back