Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Filling up - argh!

Easto

Does anyone else have an issue filling the car up.
Might just be tesco pimps but holy smoke I called it a day and was only 3/4 full.
Constantly cutting it.
Must be a knack to it I've not fathomed yet!!

Mine never has problems with my local Tesco Momentum pumps.

I have had probs with some pumps in the past, my guess is that the flow rate on that particular station/pump is too high, causing it to cut out.

I assume you have tried withdrawing nozzle slightly? Having nozzle upside down (trigger on top)?

James

If it knocks off, pull the pimp out slightly. Relieves some of the back pressure that knocks it off.

Martian said:
Easto said:
....Might just be tesco pimps....

I find those Tesco pimps a problem at times, try the Shell pimps, they're more accommodating. :D

:grin:

Tried all these methods apart from upside down...
shell pimps are finer for sure... ;-) but typically you pay for that quality 😀
And it's miles away

give the nozzle a few solid taps that should work. If not go home and repeat somewhere private it might not get the car filled up but you will feel less stressed afterwards if nothing else ;)

Monkeynutz said:
give the nozzle a few solid taps that should work. If not go home and repeat somewhere private it might not get the car filled up but you will feel less stressed afterwards if nothing else ;)

:floor: :grin: :worship:

No issues for me on the Shell pimps, I'd start looking at the interface between the pump and the car. Perhaps ask a lady passer by to assist.

Its your car trying to tell you not to put that nasty supermarket stuff in it :grin: :grin: like a baby when it doesn't like the food. Go give the poor thing some proper vmax and stop being a tight ass :floor: the car will reward you for it a happy car is a fast car and leave Tesco to sell Food. :grin: :grin:
PS you wont have a problem with pimps if you pay the right money :D :)

My Cayman suffers from this, took a while to get used to it. 90% of my fuel comes from Shell, they even have a new digital button system at my local....

Same issue, I have to cadence tap the max fuel speed button as the slow speed does nothing.

This happens at all pumps no matter what method I utilise. Found some stuff about it on the American Cayman forum.

On normal pumps I just depress the trigger gently and dispense the fuel slowly.

As long as the pump is upside down you should be fine.

pic02.jpg

nigel99 said:
No issues for me on the Shell pimps, I'd start looking at the interface between the pump and the car. Perhaps ask a lady passer by to assist.

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back