Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Double din fascia confusion

chriscoates81

Hi guys, so I've got a pioneer f960bt headunit. Do I just need the connects2 fascia kit CT23P002. Also do I just remove the fascia that came with the headunit?

Cheers guys.

Chris

Anyone? I'm sure some of you guys have fitted aftermarket headunit and just wanted an opinion.

Hi Chris

The wiring harness you need will depend on whether you have a 'non-MOST' PCM1 car, or MOST PCM2 car. If your car is a 2002 model, you are just on the changeover.

I had a non-MOST 2002 996TT with PCM1 and BOSE, and used the following:
- Harness: Autoleads PC9-410
- Cage & Fascia: Connects2 CT23PO02 (replaces the head unit fascia)

I only actually needed 1 wire from the harness (to turn on the remote BOSE amp in the frunk), as my car had standard ISO connectors for all the other inputs/outputs and speakers.

See install pics at:
- http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1138657

I could give you more info, but not much point until you know whether your car is MOST or not. If it is, things get more tricky!

One other thing. I fitted an Pioneer SPH-DA120, and was originally keen to re-use the factory GPS antenna, but couldn't find an adaptor lead (GT5-1PP Grey connector to Avic Green connector). I did order a 2 part solution from abroad, but then lost patience before it arrived and fitted the standard Pioneer GPS antenna.
I still have the adaptor lead somewhere, so if you are interested give me a PM.

Sorry I should of been more clear. I've fitted it but I wasn't sure which fascia I need. For reference it was non most and pcm 1 so changing was easy. I just wasn't sure if it was that kit. I assume you had customers, what I wasn't sure was if the double din size is the 'body' of the headunit or the screen bit if you get what I mean.

Ah sorry, too much info!

You've probably worked it out by now, but it sounds like you have the same cage/fascia that worked for me. And I think all double DIN head unit screens are a standard size, with a fascia which is slightly larger standard size. If that makes sense.

The hole in the dash is slightly larger than a normal double DIN fascia , so you chuck the head unit fascia, and then use the one from the cage kit - which is larger and covers the gap. From memory, the cage fascia attaches to the cage rather than the head unit, so you need to ensure the cage is in the right position, but I don't remember that being much of an issue, though others ended up cutting things about (not sure why).

I used some small self tappers and spacer washers to screw the tabs on the cage, to the plastic frame in the dash, so everything was nice and solid. Also used a thin spacer to support the back of stereo at the right height, and then the fascia just snapped into place.

Ive got loads of pics if you've not already cracked it.

OK cheers I just wanted a sanity check. I'm going to order the connects 2 system later and see how it goes.

Cheers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back