Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sport Design Steering Wheel upgrade for 997.2

systech1

Monza
I like the black leather Sport Design steering wheel (image attached) and would like to upgrade the wheel on my MY10 997.2 C2S Manual (with Sports Chrono Plus (Options I639/640)...more on why this may be relevant later).

As far as I can tell from the PET Porsche Parts List, Sports Design steering wheels with paddles for the PDK version of the 997.2 (Option I840) were first introduced for MY11. I am after a wheel without the paddles and NO heating.

I note that some wheels include a display for the sports Chrono option which I have but I'm not sure whether this is an issue and I can't see the need for any such display anyway. I guess the issue is whether I need a wheel which supports this option or not.

In any event, I can't for the life of me find a Sports design wheel without the paddles for the 997.2 in the spares list. Can any PET experts advise the Part Number for such a wheel and advise whether it is compatible with a MY10 car?

Alternatively, is there a compatible Sports Design steering wheel for the 991?

Thanks in advance for any help !

Attachments

• sports_design_steering_wheel_lr_339.jpg
    sports_design_steering_wheel_lr_339.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,835

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emb01
Back