Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Let's get more Outlaw...

TobesEtc

So, I'm continuing to wreck my car in the eyes of the Illuminati, but that's OK. It's only a car and it isn't for sale!

Having fitted the small RS aero kit, which I love, I'm finding I don't like the look of the Turbo wheels. Too contradictory - mixing RS and Turbo look :-/

I'm not making an RS Replica so I don't want RS wheels. Don't like them, either so they are ruled out.

Thus, I'm trying to find some replacements. The only certainty is that they'll be 18", so don't bother telling me that 17" is much more comfortable in sandals ;-)

The options so far - new Fuchs at £1950 + vat. RUF wheels (pictured), second hand, for almost exactly the same price.

Then today I saw this car - and love the wheels: http://fueltank.cc/blog/volpatti-gt
They are Victor Equipment Zehn and are slightly cheaper (I think) than Fuch or RUF.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• ruf_207.jpg
    ruf_207.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 6,636
The TechArt wheels that Clinchy had on his with the small RS kit looks good.

Can't find any pics at moment at Tony's were Photobucket and not displaying

Not sure if this works

Attachments

• 1622377_296890883795777_1116976585_o_351.jpg
    1622377_296890883795777_1116976585_o_351.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 6,596
For me, it has to be RUF or Fuchs - ideally with polished or frosted petals...

However, genuine Fuchs in 17" and up don't look quite right to me - there's something odd going on around the end of the spokes, compared to the original 15"/16" ones.

Have a look at Zuchs (https://www.zuffenhaus.us/tag/zuchs/) - made by Fikse (in Canada, not sure of a European distributor), and fitted to Singers. A properly scaled-up version of the original Fuchs design, with none of the clunkyness described above.

The simplicity of the Ruf wheel is pleasing to my eyes.

If money was no object, I'd go for the HRE R101 lightweights. Crazy lightweight wheels at crazy prices!

i still have a set that will fit a widebody if of interest. bit too much width for a skinny one though :thumb:

RUF for me, much nicer than the turbo twists.

How about a modern incarnation of the Fuchs. I have a freshly refurbished set of Staggered OEM MY02's that have been refurbished in Gloss Black with a very thin Silver Band around the rim.
The beauty of these is that they are strong (made by BBS) and very light, lighter than Hollow Spokes.

Shoot me a PM anytime if interested.

See pic of one attached.

C.

Attachments

• my02_4_134.jpg
    my02_4_134.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 6,455
cableguy said:
How about a modern incarnation of the Fuchs. I have a freshly refurbished set of Staggered OEM MY02's that have been refurbished in Gloss Black with a very thin Silver Band around the rim.
The beauty of these is that they are strong (made by BBS) and very light, lighter than Hollow Spokes.

Shoot me a PM anytime if interested.

See pic of one attached.

C.

Pic of them in standard silver on a small RS kitted lovely coloured slammed 993.

09_17_09_+0041259624254.jpg

What about 52 fifteen or whatever they are called by the urban outlaw himself Magnus Walker? Not keen on his cars, but think the wheels look great.

Chris993C2 said:
On a related note, does anyone know who manufactures Design911's Fuchs-a-likes?

http://www.design911.co.uk/pages/productList.aspx?search=54801775901

At £799 a set they are obviously Cast and not Forged like the real deal and probably like most replica wheels made in the Far East. I'd assume the quality to be half decent for a company like Design911 to retail them.

There are a few Fuchs alternatives out there with varying quality.

C.

Forged = Quality :thumb:

Who's manufacture and what's the price of a staggered set of 18's?

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back