Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

987 suspension clung?

Paterson12

Hello

A slight mystery from my front suspension. Every so often there's a funny noise from the passenger side front. It's not a knock, rattle or squeak but a definite clung. It doesn't happen over speed humps or pot holes but it occurs mainly over rough roads or cobbled streets where there's a lot of small bumps over a short distance.

I've replaced the drop links which made a big difference but theres still something remaining. I've had the car up on ankle stands and found nothing with a pry-bar. Nothing was found on my recent MOT either.

My suspicion is the top mounts or anti roll bar bushes but there's no movement from the raised wheel or anti roll bar and both look in relatively good condition. I don't want to go around replacing parts without knowing roughly what it is as that can be counterproductive.

Any ideas?

Cheers :thumbs:

I would suggest you get an indy mechanic to drive the car .. i know most sounds and what they are just by driving the car over different surfaces .

A noise which is similar to drop links but deeper would be the diagonal arms .. if the car has done say 50 K and they havent been changed then they should certainly be making a noise by now.

You wont find play in these .. sometimes ive found that hitting the tyre from the back side can help in diagnoseing but most times i just drive the car and can say these are knocking .

A sound clip of the noise if possible would help .

Most other things would tend to show up on a ramp when checking .. top strut mount is a heavy knock but you should see some wear or movement when checking if it was that .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back