Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is Porsche Best place for touch up paint - B9A carerra white

Easto

May sound a silly question but is it?
The B9A code is used on a number of vehicles.
I'm about to order some from porscheshop or take a trip to my local(ish) OPC

Some places on line are between £5 and £8.
I don't think I'd dare risk it but I've also read that some official paint can bE off colour as well..

Anyone used any and any issues with match?

Just got a Basalt Black kit from eBay and used it at the weekend.

I already have the proper Porsche version, but the brush it comes with is no good for small chips and I've found using cocktail sticks (recommended by some) to be quite tricky too.

I got a Halfords kit a while ago for another car, and it was the best kit I'd ever used; (a pen with a very small nib).

As the eBay Basalt pen was in the same style, that's what I got, and it was brilliant :thumb:

Link here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-B...hash=item21298b3f48:m:m9Jn1i2jReUxu6YxqKd4YgA

davidjf7 said:

I already have the proper Porsche version, but the brush it comes with is no good for small chips and I've found using cocktail sticks (recommended by some) to be quite tricky too.

I got a Halfords kit a while ago for another car, and it was the best kit I'd ever used; (a pen with a very small nib).

As the eBay Basalt pen was in the same style, that's what I got, and it was brilliant :thumb:

Link here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-B...hash=item21298b3f48:m:m9Jn1i2jReUxu6YxqKd4YgA

Nice. Ive always used the OEM ones before but yes the brush is crap. The one you got from ebay above looks great - did you get Just Paint or Lacquor and Primer as well?

Cheers

Dan

Can't find the right colour at that link. :dont know:
A few others but it's not a popular colour unless I can be sure all other B9A variants are the same

911DG said:
davidjf7 said:

Link here:

Nice. Ive always used the OEM ones before but yes the brush is crap. The one you got from ebay above looks great - did you get Just Paint or Lacquor and Primer as well?

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan, I got all 3 :thumb:

Easto said:
A few others but it's not a popular colour unless I can be sure all other B9A variants are the same

Yep, they only seem to have certain colours. I'm trying to find a zenith blue one for my Boxster, but no luck.

I would contact the seller from the eBay link and see if they'll do a carrara white pen for you

davidjf7 said:
Easto said:

Yep, they only seem to have certain colours. I'm trying to find a zenith blue one for my Boxster, but no luck.

I would contact the seller from the eBay link and see if they'll do a carrara white pen for you

I've never used a pen before only a brush and I really like the idea of a pen for accuracy.
There are some on amazon that look like marker pens. They are around 20 quid

Easto said:
davidjf7 said:
Easto said:

I've never used a pen before only a brush and I really like the idea of a pen for accuracy.
There are some on amazon that look like marker pens. They are around 20 quid

I contacted the eBay seller and he's going to do a Zenith blue one for me, so I'd do the same if I were you :thumb:

I've just contacted him about a platinum silver one and let him know we are discussing on here

I've contacted him also - he assured me that carrera White is the same colour as candy white and other whites in the VAG group.
They Carry the same code B9A or LB9A.
So he has the match.
:thumbs: (hopefully if it's a v good match!)

I've ordered mine so will report back soon

Got mine today from this seller.
Looks bang on, so easy to apply rather than a brush. Well pleased with it - will check again in the morning.

Easto said:
Got mine today from this seller.
Looks bang on, so easy to apply rather than a brush. Well pleased with it - will check again in the morning.

Glad you're pleased :thumb:

They're so much better than a brush!!

Agreed - pleased with the results today.
Can hardly tell they have been touched in where as if I'd have used a brush it would be a big blob of raised paint! :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back