Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rennline SS Mounts question

TBE997

Monza
Picked up a new pair of Rennline Semi-solid engine mounts yesterday, which will hopefully be fitted in the next few weeks, together with the tubi exhaust and eibach springs... I can't wait!! :)

Unboxing everything and reading through the rather "light" instructions, i still have a question and i was hoping someone who was fitted them could advise

How do i make sure that when i tighten up the bottom nut (red), the square end of the nut is correctly aligned with the upper holes (green) so that it fits in the car?

Also, rennline recommend using red loctite for the 134mm stud, anyone done it without?

Any help/advise much appreciated!

UniQ18d.jpg

AtB1Jex.jpg

I fitted these a few months ago, great mod and you will really notice the difference over the soggy standard mounts, tightens up the back end nicely. Personally I would go with a combination of red and yellow inserts.

The instructions are a bit light, i just tightened the square nut hand tight so there is no play plus about half a turn, when you fit them locate the square nut in th engine carrier and then turn the mount body until the fixing holes line up. You shouldn't need to adjust more than quarter of a turn to line everything up. If adjusting means undoing the square nut, I would take it out again and add another quarter turn. The weight of the engine will compress the urethane a little so you don't want any free play in the lower section!

Definitely use the correct threadlock on the stud, an engine mount coming undone could lead to all sorts of very expensive damage!! Why would you not want to?

Thank you Rob, very much looking forward to it as the car has close to 70k on the clock and I am not sure the previous owners have ever replaced the mounts.

On threadlock, will absolutely do, was just a question as i have never used it before. on Amazon, there is Loctite medium or high strength, which one would you recommend?

Many thanks
TBE

It's definitely the high strength one, if I remember they give the correct type to use in the instructions, or maybe on their website! Will have a check later!

When you fit them make sure they are seated correctly in the cut out section as if you dont and they sit on the edge they will cause excessive vibration but get the mount fitted correctly and they are a great mod I used yellow on yellow which is the softest option and is supposed to be as close to the RSS mounts feel.

I went for the yellow and blue combo on mine. That's way firm enough for the road.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back