Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Battery - parking sensors now faulty.... help...

markk

Trainee
Out and about today and the battery in my 06 C4S completely died on me today.RIP battery - good job you are still under warranty, but I digress...Luckily a kind man from the RAC was able to help me out with a new on. Appreciate I likely paid over the odds but with a less than amused OH standing on the kerbside I didn't have much of a choice if I wanted to get going again.

Having got home and reversed in to the drive, the parking sensors made a continuous beep from the movement I selected reverse gear. This was not happening prior to the new battery going in. Everything else is working fine.

My question is, have been just unlucky and one or more of the sensors has gone, or could this be the result of the new battery and something needs recoded? Much obliged for thoughts or advice!

When a park sensor fails then thats the fault you get , curious it coincided with a battery fault but i would assume its a single sensor thats failed .

Might want to try a vehicle handover with a tester just in case but i would have thought a fault code check will say a single sensor has failed .

Is this an easy part to source and fit or can I look forward to another trip,to my indie?

You will need a tester to diagnose which sensor has failed .. after that its just a case of replaceing it .. some can be done with the pu in place and others need it to be removed to replace the sensor.

Even if you need to drop the bumper, it's a 20 minute job. Helps with a second pair of hands though to stop it getting marked.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back