Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 C4S purchased - moving over from the 996 forum

Endex

In January I sold my 996.1 C4 to a friend and since then have had a dabble with the dark side in an E92 M3 V8 but I missed the curvaceous rear so the slab sided battleship had to go. Poorer financially but much richer in so many other ways. Much to Mrs Endex's displeasure this one is Arctic Silver too but she'll get over it. Seeing as I only have a photo bucket account, pictures will have to wait until after collection so I know this thread will be worthless!! :thumb:

In brief the car is a late 2005 997 C4S with 32,000 miles, black leather hardback seats, colour coded transmission tunnel, park assist, PASM, PCM, multi function steering wheel. Sure there's much more but I'm too giddy to recall! :D

Welcome endex looking forward to the pics!

Yep - welcome back. Nothing beats that rear end! Look forward to seeing some pics. :thumbs:

Will look forward to pictures .

Cheers Silvermilnec, FRZ911 and KJD - very pleased to be back. Will get pictures up post collection. :thumbs:

Endex, Good to see you return from the dark side mate and into a widebody 997. having come from a 996 and time on here in the past you will be very up to speed I am sure on the things to check at PPI etc.
look forward to seeing pics :thumb: :thumb:

Congrats on the new motor :thumb:

How was the beemer? I'm considering an e92 m3 when the kids get too big for the back of the 911.

I figure it will be more fun in the corners than a v8 cayenne. (Never been in either).

I can't quite stretch to a v8 Panamera.

Did you specifically want 4wd?

James

Phil 997 said:
Endex, Good to see you return from the dark side mate and into a widebody 997. having come from a 996 and time on here in the past you will be very up to speed I am sure on the things to check at PPI etc.
look forward to seeing pics :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers Phil - I checked all the reported potential shortfalls on the 997. Previous owner had a full PPI done on it and has done less than 500 miles in the year since so I'm content it is good time now. No one can predict the future though!

James M-S said:
Congrats on the new motor :thumb:

How was the beemer? I'm considering an e92 m3 when the kids get too big for the back of the 911.

I figure it will be more fun in the corners than a v8 cayenne. (Never been in either).

I can't quite stretch to a v8 Panamera.

Did you specifically want 4wd?

James
James, the E92 M3 isn't a bad car but it needs taking up the Rev range to come alive. Hugely practical compared to any 911 and if you need the space a definite contender. I did specifically want 4wd, I had a 996 C4 before and found it very useful for crossing the Penines in winter as my parents are both in their mid 80s and throw up the odd emergency between them!

Great choice - you wont regret it and i dont mind the steering wheel with the centre console

:welcome: back Endex

Nice car :thumbs:

Is it an early 2005? If so get the IMS bearing changed if it has not been done already, they DO FAIL (ask me how I know :sad: ) Personally I'd go for the EPS roller bearing if you do. Other than that enjoy, they are fantastic cars!! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back