Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

[ASK] Damaged Navigation LCD Screen

joshes

Hi all,

First of all, please accept my apology if this has been discussed before. I have done google search for the subject I am about to ask in this forum.

I am new to Porsche. have just acquired a 2002 996TT.
Despite of the low mileage, the screen is damaged (see pic). The unit and the screen is still working but whe turned off - it shows the damage.

I am looking for a replacement screen on eBay but none available.
So, I have 2 options:

1. Looking for a used similar navigation which many are available and replace the damaged screen. There are several nav for sale which is not working but the screen works fine (I think they lost the code). However, I wonder is anyone can let me know if the screen is replacable - of course with professional help.
2. Buying a used working one. This is a more expensive option but maybe is easier. Does anyone know if the navigation is plug and play "” since it has code intact to the unit "” or I have to go to a Porsche dealer to have the code sync?

Thank you in advance for all advise given.
Have a pleasant day all!
Josh

2a7zkug.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back