Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ctek extension lead

Rioja996TT

Just purchased one of these, but when connected the mains light and car mode both illuminate but the progressive charging lights don't. Disconnected the lead and plugged the charger in direct - three lights illuminated immediately. Left the extension lead connected for a few minutes and the car mode light went out and the mains light started flashing. All contacts seem sound, is it a faulty lead or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

I would test the lead with a multimeter if you can, it sounds faulty to me.

MC

Interesting to read this as I have a similar fault. I noticed a while back one of my CTEKs wasn't charging properly (I have two). I switched over the chargers but left the cables as one is much longer than the other and the same thing happened to the same car. So I can only assume it is the cable.

I have the same problem with my extension, when connected the ctec sometimes makes a bussing sound and if you touch or move the cable the lights all go off. when connected without the extension I have no problems.

I was wondering if its a bad batch or counterfeit (bought on ebay)

Mike

taffybloke said:
I have the same problem with my extension, when connected the ctec sometimes makes a bussing sound and if you touch or move the cable the lights all go off. when connected without the extension I have no problems.

Mike

That's interesting as I bought mine off ebay, just sent it back for replacement and the new one is exactly the same!

Rioja996TT said:
taffybloke said:

Mike

That's interesting as I bought mine off ebay, just sent it back for replacement and the new one is exactly the same!

I had a similar issue when I first got mine, I didn't need the full length of the lead so part of it was coiled up, it would buzz and or not charge properly, I repositioned the lead so it was hanging down the wall instead of being coiled up and it's been fine ever since :thumb:

had exactly the same with my extension lead. to the point it would buzz, appear to be charging but was not and battery went flat as a consequence.

I removed the lead and plugged in directly and its been perfect ever since, luckily I don't need the extension it was just more convenient so I've not tried to source a replacement. This was a genuine (or appeared to be) lead in a CTEK box etc :dont know:

CTEK charger

:bandit: I had a problem with my actual CTEK Charger stopped working hardly used but nearly 3 years old , Porsche West London , Chiswick replaced it for free for me and sent the other one back to CTEK who say on there website 5 year guarantee . They said there are normally very reliable . Cuba :bandit:

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_9e18_173.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_9e18_173.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,579

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back