Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche trip to Devon & Cornwall

Stuart Mackay

SWMBO and I are holidaying in Devon and Cornwall with the GT3 immediately after Silverstone Classic.

We are booked in at Lynton, Hartland, Tintagel, Camborne, Liskeard and Brixham.
Apart from usual tourist type thing, do you have any recommendations for good driving roads or unusual car/aircraft things to see?

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Hi Stuart try the A39 called the Atlantic Highway busy at this time of year ,also cross over Dartmoor Tavistock to Moretonhampstead stunning views ,drove it today
enjoy
MZ
PS try the Porlock Toll road often used as a closed road special rally tarmac stage :thumb:

Leon is that Mrs Mills brother ? :grin:

Stuart Mackay said:
Apart from usual tourist type thing, do you have any recommendations for good driving roads?

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Devon - B3223 From Lynton to Simonsbath is a must, a road often used for Top Gear / Car mag shoots etc.

A377 from Barnstaple to Morchard Road, then back up via Winkleigh to Great Torrington on the B3220 / A3124 is a must, it's one of my favs :)

B3212 from MortonHampstead on Dartmoor to Two Bridges is another great road but there's been a lot of Police publicity cracking down on speeding on the moors recently so be aware.

Cornwall - St Ives to Lands End on the B3306 is a good road

A3083 Helston to The Lizard point then back via Kuggar onto the B3293 to Helston is another.

When are you down, happy to meet up for a drive and show you the real parts of the West Country if i'm around :)

Thanks Guys for all the advice, will have the Go Pro at the ready then!

[/quote]

Devon - B3223 From Lynton to Simonsbath is a must, a road often used for Top Gear / Car mag shoots etc.
[/quote]

Did this none today in the damp, some good twisty bits lower down near Lynmouth :)

Finished up at Arlington Court admiring the National Trust Carriage (horse-drawn) collection :thumbs:

[/quote]

Did this none today in the damp, some good twisty bits lower down near Lynmouth :)

Finished up at Arlington Court admiring the National Trust Carriage (horse-drawn) collection :thumbs:[/quote]

Was the moors clear up near Simonsbath? That part of it is the best, well in the dry, i've never attempted it in the wet :-/

Hi Stuart, have a look at Predannack airfield on the SouthWest Coastal Path.

It's still officially still MOD property but is more of an aircraft graveyard with Harriers, Helicopters, Jaguars, Dominie and a Canberra.
The neighbouring Culdrose still uses it occasionally for SAR practice and gliding.

Very interesting place to look at but i accept no responsibility if you get in trouble!

Hello, new joiner and GT3 owner here. I grew up down in Penwith and looking forward to getting the car down there. Did you do the Penzance to Lands End road, and the Lands End to St Ives road which is also super scenic, a bit slower but equally amazing?

The north coast cornwall, Devon and Somerset road (A39) is also one of the best out there. I did that on the motorbike last year and had an ear to ear smile.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back