Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

iphone 7 / PCM issue

Gareth81

Afternoon,

I've a 2010 911 C2S.2 and having problems with control between phone 7 and PCM.

I've a Y-cable going from iphone 7 - apple lightening adapter - Y-cable.
This has been working fine in that I could control my music either on the phone or on the actual PCM. Strangely is stopped working.

I can control what tracks I play via my spotify app but I can't control the volume either on iphone or PCM. On the PCM, all options are faded out. When a song is playing the volume is faded.

I've also tried an iphone 6 and get the same issues.

Any advice please?

Thanks
G

Presumably you have ruled out a dodgy connection by unplugging all of the cables and plugging it all back together again as well as trying a different cable? If it used to work and doesn't now then the wiring hardware would appear the obvious first suspect?

Obvious question but has your phone had a code update recently? I.e. iOS version? This is more likely than a wiring issue in the first instance.

Also, check for fluff in the connector socket on the phones and in the adaptor. Careful use of a cocktail stick will usually show if they are fluffed up. Apple phones and connectors tend to all suffer with this over time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back