Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 10
997 : 2004- 65
996 : 1997-2005 44
993 : 1993-1998 10
964 : 1989-1993 4
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 16
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 9
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 3
912-914-924-928-944-968 3
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

AdeD
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Complete interior retrim - Recommendations needed Reply with quote

So i've been trying for a month now to get my car booked in for a complete interior retrim but it would appear that no one wants my money or business. I have tried 2 retrimmers that have a great reputation for quality but their communication has been seriously lacking or totally non existant.
I have even visited one and said i want to book it in now but he sent me away saying he'd send me a quote that evening, still nothing... last update from him after chasing was he was waiting for another potential client to confirm their booking and pay a desposit first, really? Hello, I'm here, begging to spend money with you and you're telling me to wait before you'll even send me a quote!!

So, any recommendations other than Design LS or MJ Interiors? In the south preferred but i'm willing to travel for quality if needed.

Porsche News
Motoring Editor
Motoring Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ade

that isnt the 1st time ive heard that problem

There are other trimmers that are in the SE that ive seen on line, but have no info to support their services

there are limited reviews via Google on the following but apart from being listed in Goggle, the usual caveat emptor applies to all of the following

http://www.auto-interiors.co.uk/
http://www.surreytrimming.co.uk/
http://www.lavishautomotive.co.uk/
http://tiggydesign.com/
http://surreycarinteriors.co.uk/

Like 911UK ON FACEBOOK

m119cars
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother had a complete interior done on his 930 by

http://www.southboundtrimmers.com/ last year.

Top quality job but he had to book months in advance.

AdeD
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porsche News wrote:
Ade

that isnt the 1st time ive heard that problem

There are other trimmers that are in the SE that ive seen on line, but have no info to support their services

there are limited reviews via Google on the following but apart from being listed in Goggle, the usual caveat emptor applies to all of the following

http://www.auto-interiors.co.uk/
http://www.surreytrimming.co.uk/
http://www.lavishautomotive.co.uk/
http://tiggydesign.com/
http://surreycarinteriors.co.uk/

Wow, some shocking websites there lol... A coule of good ones as well and fairly close to me so will be giving them a call / visit.. perfect, thanks Very Happy

I've also been recommended CSG Trimming in Southampton, anyone used these?

AdeD
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m119cars wrote:
My brother had a complete interior done on his 930 by

http://www.southboundtrimmers.com/ last year.

Top quality job but he had to book months in advance.

Thanks bud, keen to get it done asap really... also only seems to have classics on his website.

Phil 997
Fuji

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ade, these guys have a very good rep on the south coast , and always have high end cars in when I pass .

http://www.kbaggstrimming.co.uk/

DesignLS are very good, but he is a one man band and I think he gets swamped with work sometimes . unfortunately these guys often become a victim of there own good rep.

keep us posted on progress Thumb

AdeD
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
Ade, these guys have a very good rep on the south coast , and always have high end cars in when I pass .

http://www.kbaggstrimming.co.uk/

DesignLS are very good, but he is a one man band and I think he gets swamped with work sometimes . unfortunately these guys often become a victim of there own good rep.

keep us posted on progress Thumb

Cheers Phil, they look good also... added to the list to contact Smile

G2
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good ones are always busy and take bookings quite a way in advance.

DesignLS - very good. I am having work done by Linas now, but left the items with him to fit in when he can. I know he is very busy with bookings and that reflects in some delay in responding. Someone else on here is shipping seats to him as well I noticed and I know he had a full vw transporter interior to do recently.

Southbound - also worth the wait having seen the finish on Mike's riv blue car, looks better than factory new.

AdeD
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G2 wrote:

DesignLS - very good. I am having work done by Linas now, but left the items with him to fit in when he can. I know he is very busy with bookings and that reflects in some delay in responding. Someone else on here is shipping seats to him as well I noticed and I know he had a full vw transporter interior to do recently.

I don't mind waiting but i need a confirmed date, when i visited he told me he has a 2 week slot in Aug he could do it in... but, he still hasn't quoted despite promising to do so 3 times and refuses to book it in anyway and so far from the initial 'can i book it in please?' email it's been a month and i still don't even have a quote!
He seems like a top bloke and is workmanship is second to none but thats simply not enough and his reputation will suffer if he doesn't improve his communications!

askgeez
Suzuka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is about 2 miles from where I live

http://www.b-trim.co.uk/

I know my neighbour has had a few bits done there Dont know

HSC911
Paul Ricard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had same issues with one of the above mentioned company's too Rolling Eyes

Sad

Bikeracer1098
Österreich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdeD wrote:
G2 wrote:

I don't mind waiting but i need a confirmed date, when i visited he told me he has a 2 week slot in Aug he could do it in... but, he still hasn't quoted despite promising to do so 3 times and refuses to book it in anyway and so far from the initial 'can i book it in please?' email it's been a month and i still don't even have a quote!
He seems like a top bloke and is workmanship is second to none but thats simply not enough and his reputation will suffer if he doesn't improve his communications!

Linas is currently doing some seats for me. I'm going to visit him tomorrow, if you want I can have a chat with him if you PM me your exact requirements.

AdeD
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikeracer1098 wrote:

Linas is currently doing some seats for me. I'm going to visit him tomorrow, if you want I can have a chat with him if you PM me your exact requirements.

He's had my requirements for some time now but thanks... Thumb

Phil 997
Fuji

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikeracer1098 wrote:
AdeD wrote:
G2 wrote:

Rich, I would mention to him because Ade's not the first to say that this year and Linas is highly rated on this forum so he needs to be aware in general that the internet can be good for him and can also finish him as word of mouth now covers the whole country/world and negative reviews are there for ever and will still be haunting him in years to come. its never his work its always his communication that lets him down. So give him a heads up mate Thumb

silvermilnec
Österreich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
Bikeracer1098 wrote:
AdeD wrote:
G2 wrote:

Rich, I would mention to him because Ade's not the first to say that this year and Linas is highly rated on this forum so he needs to be aware in general that the internet can be good for him and can also finish him as word of mouth now covers the whole country/world and negative reviews are there for ever and will still be haunting him in years to come. its never his work its always his communication that lets him down. So give him a heads up mate Thumb

Phil right Linus needs to know, any work I've had done by him I've got quotes within a couple of days from him, his work is excellent and I'd hate for his good name to go downhill!! But I totally understand how frustrating it can be!!

On another note what trim and colour is the op going for??
2006 997 4S
2009 997 1.5 Turbo basalt black on black

-- 997 --
Imola

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted linas regarding having my armrest done wth the porsche crest logo and the reply back i got was, dont have enough cow skins in stock and looking in to purchase goat and camel skin as a substitute and mention the smell of the goat skin is abit strange compared to camel and cow skins, i thought f@@k me whats all this about?? Some kind of a wind up??? Any more kinds of skins ill be sitting in zoo/farm whilst driving and the 3D smell to go with it?? Not enough my car already smells of leather im having goats and camels conjuring up strange smells.

I said yeah thanks ill let you know about the substitutes, he seemed like a nice person to chat with thou !!

J

Dream911
Indianapolis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of retrim are you after? If it's back to stock then I would have thought it would be worth picking up a full interior of fleabay. Bound to be some nice ones out there from cars that have been written off. Question

Dream911
Indianapolis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of retrim are you after? If it's back to stock then I would have thought it would be worth picking up a full interior of fleabay. Bound to be some nice ones out there from cars that have been written off. Question

AdeD
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream911 wrote:

I have the stock seats, it's more further enhancements.
I'm looking to have the contrast stitching changed to red throughout and a dash of alcantara here and there (lower dash, rear seat centers, door cards etc). Also the lower plastic covers around the boot release switches by the doors covered in leather and the black seat belts changed to red.

Martian
Magny-Cours

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unfortunately had a similar experience with Linas a few months ago so went elsewhere. No doubt his work is good, but his communication skills were pretty much non existent.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: