Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM question

martylennox

Hi Guys,

Ive just bought a 2002 C4S, with the porsche PCM. im not sure if its PCM1 or 2? The sat nav is outdated, i was wondering what the most up to date maps available for the unit (whichever one it is!), or what other solutions you guys have come up with?
The cd changer does not read mps discs either, can the changer be swapped out for a more modern version?

thanks in advance guys.

Martin

if it has a CD above the screen (and not a tape) you can easily buy the updated maps on eBay. they work well and cost about £20

Hi Martin,

If the PCM has a tape drive and a separate drive for the Sat Nav then it will be a PCM1.

PCM 2 has an integrated drive for the Sat Nav disk and it will also play music CD's.

If you take the disc out and turn n the radio.
Then press the MAIN & TRIP buttons at the same time you will enter a hidden screen and the software version, device type, serial number and version of the PCM will be displayed.

I think the latest software is version 3.0 as I updated mine last year.

I ordered a new sat Nav disc and a software update disc from an online supplier last year. I think it was about £30.

The software update was quite easy just a matter of inserting the update disc and allowing it to do its stuff.

Don't expect much from the PCM though as the navigation is still quite outdated compared to the likes of Tomtom etc.

thanks guys,

stewhp, if you remember the site you bought your discs that would be great

Martin

im gonna give the ebay one a go.

will let you know

martylennox said:

will let you know

Haha,you beat me to it,I was going to get that !
No doubt he will list another one.

martylennox said:

will let you know

Haha,you beat me to it,I was going to get that !
No doubt he will list another one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back