Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My New 997 C4s in Speed Yellow (From 991 to 997)

Satch

Hi all. Not really active on the forum too much, mainly I mainly look in the meets & events section. But I thought I would introduce my new speed yellow 997 C4s.

I bought it about 4 weeks ago, but only picked it up a few days ago and i'm absolutely thrilled to bits with it.

I had to sell my 991 (current model) as I needed to free up some cash for building work, however there was enough left in the kitty for this beaut.

It's a sport chrono with GT3 Aero kit, and 20" HRE black alloys. The original lobster claws also came with the sale, and they are also black.

I know a lot of people love the black wheels, but they have never been my thing so I have had a few quotes to get the sprayed back to silver, and i'd like to hear your thoughts on what you would do. for reference i have also shown a picture of the same car with the silver wheels.

My 991 was a PDK, and this 997 is a 6 speed manual. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

I can confidently say that i love the 997 more than the 991. The 991 feels more of a saloon car when sitting inside, compared to the cabin of the 997.

The 997 is also more driver focused, but that could be just because the 991 was PDK.

Im not knocking the PDK, as it is a great system, but my itch wasnt really being scratched when I wanted to shift through gears on the b roads.

Thanks

Satch..

Attachments

• 997_yellow_156.jpg
    997_yellow_156.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 5,688
  • 5_719.jpg
    5_719.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 5,688
  • 3_571.jpg
    3_571.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 5,688
Lovely mate! I'm not usually a black wheel fan however I think it offers a nice contrast against the yellow.

Cracking choice sir. Not surprised that you have bonded with the 997 so quickly :thumb: and the yellow will put a smile on your face every time the garage door opens regardless of the weather...

Expect petrol stops to take longer as you will get lots of nice comments and strangers popping over for a look/chat.

Great option to have two sets of wheels. Make one silver and keep the others black and just swap em when up you feel like or make one set into winters?

:congrats: great in that colour!! and interesting your thoughts on the 991 v 997. I had an argument with my mate last night in the pub, he drives a pdk 991 4S i drive a tip 997 turbo he tried telling me all 991 are turbo I said so Porsche don't do a 991 turbo anymore, of course they do a turbo a turbo you cant pretend the new 991 with small twin turbo are full blown turbo. Rant over and back to topic :D

I'm not a fan of black wheels either but it's totally a personal choice, looks great with either damn the 997 a great looking car!!!

Lovely car, congratulations. Personally I think the silver wheels look better, seem to give the car a lift.

Looks fantastic. I found the opposite experience going from a manual Turbo to a PDK Turbo. I preferred the PDK as it suited my style of driving these days. It just goes to show the Porsche has something for everybody :thumbs:

Stunning looking car, great place to keep your left over cash!

Go silver dude.

Keep black lobsters for winter or eBay.

:thumb:

Nice car indeed!

If it was me I would ditch the wheels altogether and get some in grey. I'm not a fan of that style wheel or black wheels.

Hi Alastair,

Great looking car....a real head turner in that bold yellow...you'll have jkeith "billing and cooing" over it soon. I'm also not a fan of black wheels, I think the silver are better although a set of both would be great for mood (or weather) changes. Why not try some grey/silver turbo ones like mine on the 997 C4S.

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh at Lotherton..

cheers
John

Attachments

• img_1709__copy_640x480_151.jpg
    img_1709__copy_640x480_151.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 5,532
Looks Mighty Fine! - Im with boardingnath997 I'm not usually into Black alloys, but its all about the contrasts between wheels and/or interiors with the main body colour, any boy thats a good contrast :)

Speeeeeeed yellow grows more and more on me every time I see one.

Lovely

Enjoy :thumb: 8)

Man that 997 is looking good on SY ....

I think the car suits the colour and the wheels contrast perfectly with the SY ....
Leave it on the HRE' s and use the silvers as winter wheels get winter Sotozeros on them and enjoy the car in winter too .....

Enjoy as is ..!

Very nice and i am not sure which wheels i like best - so probably means both colours work. C4S manual always the sweet spot and obviously the best choice :floor:

my vote is for the silver. love black wheels but feel they work better on blue/black/red cars than yellow

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back