Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 996 C4

Moodytunes

Hi all

I've had the car since Oct. last year so I thought I should share some details. Details are:

MY 2000, 996.1, C4 in Arctic Silver Metallic, six-speed, 86,000 miles, sports seats with metropole blue leather, upgraded hi-fi, OBC, headlight cleaning, 3-spoke wheel.

Car is in great condition overall and has been cherished by former owners (x 5). I have every MOT and lots of invoices for all manner of things including a new clutch at 73,000 miles. Additionally a lot of handbooks, brochures and a Porsche GB Cert. of Authenticity with original spec.

Since purchase upgrades have included the current 18" wheels (formerly 18" TechArts and soon to be sold), new battery, new radiators and ZunSport grilles. Others on the list are low-temp thermostat, K&N induction kit, 997 short-shift kit and some non-mechanical mods like alloy pedals.

Views welcome on fitting RSS engine mounts and the RSS under-drive pulley and the value-add. I have also toyed with getting the gundo hack done but I am undecided. I was thinking of H&R lowering springs (-25mm) but again I am undecided.

Inspection from Steve @ Jaz revealed it needs coffin arms, anti-roll bar rubbers and some other small bits and pieces e.g. air-con pipe clip which is being done in early Aug.

I used to drive a Boxster 3.2S but always wanted a 911. Now I have one and sadly I don't drive as much as I would like to.

Attachments

• 911_july_2017_600.jpg
    911_july_2017_600.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 938
looks like a lovely example buddy :thumb:

i have done both the RSS engine mounts and RSS underdrive pulley
and certainly think both are worth doing :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972