Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gear knob Change

-- 997 --

Barcelona
Hi all, a mate of mine tells me he has a gear knob for me that he took off from his Cayman GTS that he kept from his car before he sold it obviously he put on another, would that fit on my 997.1 and would it be a better gear knob overall as an upgrade? or are they both the same?
cheers

j

-- 997 -- said:
Hi all, a mate of mine tells me he has a gear knob for me that he took off from his Cayman GTS that he kept from his car before he sold it obviously he put on another, would that fit on my 997.1 and would it be a better gear knob overall as an upgrade? or are they both the same?
cheers

j

Unless it is a carbon or alcantara one it ought to be the same (might be the latter if coming off a GTS. Assuming the same interior colour too of course).

Has anyone replaced their gear knob with an alloy one? I'm finding the standard one a bit plasticky and light. Any good options? Thanks!

Martian said:
Porsche have a really nice alloy one in their Tequipment range. You'll need to remortgage though! :lol:

Just saw the price of an alloy Porsche gear job on design 911! I can think of many better things to spend £900 on... not least a lot of petrol! Is the ten line one any good on there? Might be worth a punt instead at a tenth of the price!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back