Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 rear lower wishbone - options

ch3tman

Suzuka
Hi all,

An annoying squeaky noise developed on my 993... It wasn't the easy to address culprit (ARB bush) and appears to be the rear lower wishbone bush - to be investigated/confirmed in the coming days.

Thinking about replacements, I'm led to believe the whole lower wishbone needs to be replaced, rather than the bush only...:? So, options:

1] Retro Line : £125+VAT
2] Dansk : £150+VAT
3] OE Porsche : £440+VAT

Should any other options be considered? Can't seem to locate TRW parts - any pointers?

Also, can anyone vouch for the Dansk item, or should this be an OE part only job?

Many thanks!

(edited to reflect recent increase in price increase of OE item, since posting!)

I'm sure Hartech offer these also, basically a fully refurbished unit with new bushes pressed in. ;)

C.

ZF bought TRW a couple of years ago so maybe the parts are available via ZF?

I went around the houses with this last year and ended up with Dansk arms. Hartech had no stock (and no ETA) for refurbed ones, but that's the route I'd have gone given the choice.

I replaced every component of my 993 suspension last year. Have you a squeak or a knocking, if it's the former then I never had a squeak until I fitted new lol. So becareful, as if it's a squeak it may just be a rubber bush making itself heard and nothing else.

TRW parts non OPC supplied are as rare as hens teeth now, as Porsche forced the factory to stop supplying directly to third parties around 18 months ago. I was lucky, I managed to source an A frame for only £200, not a chance now. eBay is your friend, especially the European sites, Germany Poland etc

I went for Hartech refurb replacements, sat in my parts pile at the moment.

Basically the bushes need doing and the balljoint, you want all three mount points solid.

A chap on here Rob_watti has installed the Dansk units on the rear of his 993 so maybe worth a pm to him, when I spoke to him he seemed impressed.

I know fvd.de have them but I think pricey due to current exchange rate.

Trev

ch3tman said:
ColinC said:
Check out Jackals DIY, easier with poly bushes - it's a day combined with some beers and the usual OCD cleaning along the way......

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/993/993_diary.html#BUSHES
Thanks - though that's regarding the front wishbones...
Is the same story with the rear lower ones? My indy advised its a replacement job...

Ah....the rear eh, that's the bit at the back.......haven't reached there - started at the front, imagine my surprise when no engine was found :dont know:

wozy said:
I replaced every component of my 993 suspension last year. Have you a squeak or a knocking, if it's the former then I never had a squeak until I fitted new lol. So becareful, as if it's a squeak it may just be a rubber bush making itself heard and nothing else.

Definitely the former, my indy advised there's nothing wrong otherwise, it's not dangerous, etc. and that any fix would be solely be addressing the annoying noise... and it is very annoying!

Cameltoe & Heel said:
I went for Hartech refurb replacements, sat in my parts pile at the moment.

Basically the bushes need doing and the balljoint, you want all three mount points solid.

A chap on here Rob_watti has installed the Dansk units on the rear of his 993 so maybe worth a pm to him, when I spoke to him he seemed impressed.

I know fvd.de have them but I think pricey due to current exchange rate.

Trev

Yeah i did the Dansk ones and the quality seemed good to me but i guess only time will tell. I had a ball joint gone on my offside one but replaced both so everything matched side to side. I still have my old arms as i was hoping to find somewhere to refurb them.

Go Dansk, I've recently had mine replaced and the Hartech one I received had a stiffer bush so sent it back and went with the Dansk. Might be ok if you are replacing both sides but I was only doing one and was happier with the Dansk item.

I have nothing against Hartec and used them for my front wishbones on my 964 hence why I went to them first.

For my two pennies, if the balljoints are ok then rebushing isn't a terrible job. I did the whole back end on mine with elephant racing bushes and have been really please with them. I think all the bushes including import duty cost me about £350...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back