Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche approved warranty for 993 models

AndyS

Is this something new?
Had this e-mail this morning:

STILL THRILLING. STILL COVERED.
THE PORSCHE APPROVED WARRANTY FOR 911 (993) MODELS

What makes driving a 993 generation 911 so special? The engine, the sound, the handling? Or the fact that, even after more than 20 years, Porsche Classic offers a Porsche Approved Warranty for your car?

Porsche Classic is delighted to announce the launch of the Porsche Approved Warranty specifically for 993 generation 911 models.

This is possible thanks to our dedication to producing over 52,000 Porsche Classic Genuine Parts and training Porsche Centre Technicians to deliver the highest standards. This allows us to care for every classic Porsche as if it were our own, giving you complete peace of mind. So now the only thing you need worry about is where to drive next.

To be eligible to purchase the Porsche Approved Warranty for 911 (993) models, your Porsche:
i) must be a 993 generation 911*
ii) have a mileage of less than 125,000 miles at point of policy activation
iii) have undergone a 111-point vehicle condition check carried out at a Porsche Centre (this may be charged for)

For further details or a copy of the full terms and conditions of the Porsche Approved Warranty for 911(993) models please contact us. Alternatively, if you no longer own this vehicle or if any of your details have changed, please let us know.

For further information and to purchase, please contact me by phone or email.
Call
Email

Yours sincerely

Service Manager

*Excludes 911 (993) GT2 and RS models and vehicles with over 125,000 miles on the odometer. A 111-point check (chargeable) must be passed in advance of policy activation. Exclusions, limitations and conditions of cover apply. Full details are available on request.

How much dough :dont know:

How could it include replacement items if they could be +20yrs old? There might be a contribution required.Will non genuine parts be covered? Interesting if it's suspension where most have been upgraded from Monroe before the classic 'replacement' part was available.

Plus you're then tied into OPC servicing I suspect.

I can't see a lot bothering as most stay in the garage, don't consume annual dough and the trip to OPC for the 111 check will add on needless miles :roll:

looks a new thing, never heard of it before

I was sent this by the OPC today too

........ I would like to read the finer details of this plan ...... :?:

...... so many 993s have had many upgrades from the factory original ...... I doubt if there are many "originals" out there ........ not too sure how they will live with that scenario ....... :dont know:

Just another revenue stream IMO thanks to some clever Porsche marketing people.
Basically they know that a large proportion of 993 owners do a few hundred miles per year, hence a chargeable 111 point check and an annual lump will certainly benefit Porsche based on the law of averages.

It would be very interesting and probably entertaining to see just what is and what is NOT covered, as well as the annual premium.

C.

Received it also. keen to find out more and see if it makes financial sense. Usually the big ticket items (blown engine, air suspension etc) aren't really applicable to a 20 year old car let alone one as solid as ours.

Can't see the value in this. It's not a 996 you know :thumb:

Personally I place more value on a recognised Indy service stamp and Peter Morgan inspection than any OPC.

Opc's have too much skin in the game to do an inspe tion and not enough volume / experience of air cooled imho

Highway could be caught like a rabbit in the headlights with this given he gets his OPC serviced every year :hand:

Perhaps the motivation is for them to be able to move more 993's through the OPC Approved Used network now that they can sell them with a full "in-house" warranty rather than a third party one? More of a sales tool than an offering to existing owners? I guess it will all depend on what it costs and the terms and conditions.

That's a fair point as more and more opcs open historic sales outlets.

Got it this morning too from Belfast OPC. They actually have quite a few 993s on their books if my visits there are anything to go by.

Will be interesting to hear from those that take it up, if any.

Smoke and mirrors if you ask me :bandit:

Zingari said:
How much dough :dont know:

How could it include replacement items if they could be +20yrs old? There might be a contribution required.Will non genuine parts be covered? Interesting if it's suspension where most have been upgraded from Monroe before the classic 'replacement' part was available.

Plus you're then tied into OPC servicing I suspect.

I can't see a lot bothering as most stay in the garage, don't consume annual dough and the trip to OPC for the 111 check will add on needless miles :roll:

+1

at this age everything is a replacement due to wear and tear

What would they possibly cover :dont know:

993 engines last well beyond 125k, gearboxes past double that, even if ther Diff's can eat themselves up before that

not much in the way of heavy weight electrics

it's not the mileage rather the age

:dont know: :dont know: :dont know:

Well this looks interesting...

They increased the OPC warranty to 15 years recently.
Looks like they given this another "wrapper" of Porsche Classic Warranty - so as others have said, what does it not include?

And how is it different from their standard OPC warranty upto 15 years.

And how many will truly pass the 111 point check etc.

They wouldnt do it if there was no money in it for them, but would 993 owners get better peace of mind with it?

Also, how much is it?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back