Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C2S Coupe to GTS Cabrio

Shaoxter

Imola
Well, should I???

There's a 997.2 GTS that I've been drooling over quite a bit recently, it's at an OPC and is my favourite colour :D (hint: not white, grey or black). But the question is... will a GTS Cabrio actually be quicker or better than a C2S coupe?

Pros:
- It has the words "GT" on the back :)
- Higher spec than my car
- You can put the roof down

Cons:
- Heavier, the extra power probably wouldn't be able to compensate
- Rear seats have even less room, I want to be able to be able to fit a baby in the back otherwise the whole 911 thing is pointless and I'd be better off with a 2 seater.
- Is it really worth the extra £20k+ or 60%?

the GTS's are special

command a premium and as so far, they are holding their value

If it's the Sheffield car, it looks even better in real life. I popped on to have a look especially due to its rare colour. To answer your question is it worth it? Depends on your current spec, your dream spec and how bad you want those "nice to have's"
Manual GTS is my thing besides the GT cars. There is one on at 66k which is highly appealing.

Being able to put the roof down is great. And a GTS is special. It's worth it if you want it enough.

The jump from gen1 to gen2 was an appreciable difference for me. Mostly the PCM3, nicer steering wheel, LEDs. You already have that

My GTS in sports plus , with PSE singing at 6k revs is just nuts. :grin:
(Redline on GTS is 7300rpm). A totally different experience to my old c4s.

Test drive that car.... Only you can decide if the premium is worth it

FZP said:
If it's the Sheffield car, it looks even better in real life. I popped on to have a look especially due to its rare colour.
I wish you hadn't said that... now I'm frantically trying to make the man maths work :typing:

askgeez said:
The jump from gen1 to gen2 was an appreciable difference for me.
Must have missed this, congrats!! The jump from my 996 to 997.2 was an even bigger difference :grin:

Honestly if this was a coupe I'd have put a deposit down already. My main concern is that it won't drive as well even though it's a GTS. That and the fact that 991 C2S are around the same price hmmmm :?:

I know this will open a can of worms of coupe vs cabriolet, but..... i genuinely think the difference between the 2 on a well-sorted 997 with the handling set up is quite hard to spot even when really pushing on with fast-road-driving. Personally I wouldnt let that put you off if the other benefits of a convertible are attractive to you. Sounds like you need to get it purchased....

Go and see it at least. Sheffield OPC are one of the friendlier ones out there. I'm sure you will enjoy looking over it none the less

I went from a Gen 1 Cs to a GTS cab and no regrets at all, its much quicker and a fantastic car,
Only thing I have done is have a Sharkworks exhaust as gen 11 PSE still sounds a bit tame,
Centre locks are a bit of a pain too as your stuck to Porsche for brakes and tyres etc but not a major problem

Pictures

We do get some sunny days

Attachments

• porsche_570.jpg
    porsche_570.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 4,039
  • porsche_1_112.jpg
    porsche_1_112.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 4,039
Sold... but not to me :sad:
You snooze you lose I guess. I shall continue my 997 GTS/991 S window shopping :D

Yep, top(ish) or top spec 911's will not stay for sale long.
Your competing against dealerships that are crawling the Internet probably twice daily and of course Joe Public.
As per example, set your price and have the money waiting to pay. Set your must have's, ie condition, service history, spec, optional extras, mileage, colours.

Join the 'recently added' club when searching. Get on the phone to the seller, grab your keys and get going to see the car.

Good morning & all the best in your search.

PS, I wouldn't especially choose a GTS, but yes they have GTS stickers on the vehicle for a reason. Only you can decide if it's worth the extra premium.

A rear facing infant carrier will go in the back of a cabriolet just fine and leave room for a small front seat passenger. In fact it's a bit easier to get in and out as the whole roof comes off!

Sorry that the GTS sold before you got your hands on t.

MNC911 said:
Yep, top(ish) or top spec 911's will not stay for sale long.
Your competing against dealerships that are crawling the Internet probably twice daily and of course Joe Public.
As per example, set your price and have the money waiting to pay. Set your must have's, ie condition, service history, spec, optional extras, mileage, colours.

Wise words. I bought my manual 997 GTS 18 months ago....put the deposit down without even having seen photo's of it. (OPC agreed it was refundable as I actually went to see the car the next day).

In fact OPC's who are part of larger dealer groups can be quite happy to let you put a refundable deposit down. It "reserves" the car for them as otherwise any other OPC in that dealer group can sell the car...so if you have a deposit down for 48 hours they can line up a Plan B in case you pull out.

FZP said:
Go and see it at least. Sheffield OPC are one of the friendlier ones out there. I'm sure you will enjoy looking over it none the less

I'm only a few miles away from the Leeds OPC and I drive to the Sheffield one, far better experience!

I love GTS but i'd hang out for a coupe if that's what you really want! that said I bought a £4700 3.2s Boxster the other week, what a great little car with the top down!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back