Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fixed my PSE

taffybloke

Silverstone
I had a issue with my pse not switching and the right hand silencer sounded clanky so I set about investigating.

The right hand flap actuator was working fine but was pulling the flap closed no matter how the dash switch was set, the left hand actuator was seized and the vacuum pipe was hanging loose, I managed to lubricate the left actuator and free it so refitted the vacuum pipe but they still refused to work so I then tested the Pierburg vacuum control valve it was passing through the vacuum whether powered or not so replaced the valve and the pse is now working.

BUT, when the the car is cold and the pse set to quiet the right silencer is still a bit clanky but fine in loud mode, so in the near future I will need to remove the silencers to possibly repair the corroding seams and will look closer at the state of the them.

Mike

Good job mate,

I need to get the time to get mine looked at, mine functions fine via the button but i have a bad rasp/blow type noise when its cold, when hot its fine and sounds great but a little buzzy/blowing type noise when cold, i did think it might have been the common actuator fault but i have been told and can see the seams look a little cracked or possible loose baffle only on the passenger side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back