Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lifting the seat

alfazagato

I am a new member of this Forum with a 2004 Carerra 2 which I think is great. Quite different from my other cars but nonetheless a great driving car. However I can't find a way of raising the seat height....yes I can move the seat froward to achieve a bit of altitude but in its rearmost position I am too low. Are spacers under the seat rails the way forward (or rather upwards)?

Iirc there's a leave that's horizontal on the rhs of the drivers seat that allows rear/down and forward/up adjustment.

Thank you for that.....I had looked at the handbook and saw that facility but neither of my seats appears to have the ability to lift which seems very strange. I assumed that if one seat lifting motor had given up the ghost then the other (less used) one would still be OK but in this case not.

On my seats there isn't a motor to raise the seats forward/aft or pivot up/down, those controls are manual. The only motor control is the recline adjustment.

Maybe the seat adjustment has seized over the years from lack of use as most folk require the extra leg room under the steering wheel so for many years it could have sat in the low position. Try squatting outside the car, moving the lever and yanking the seat up and forward, it would be hard to raise the seat if you were sat in it anyway.

Thanks 911munky, In the time between posts I have grovelled underneath the seat and found a cable which is pulled whilst raising the front edge of the adjusting lever. There was so much slack in the cable that it wasn't engaging the motor which pushes/pulls a lever at the rear which raises/lowers the seat. So far so good... but I now find that in doing this the whole of the seat has moved forward so that my eye-line is fine but my legs are bent in the Italian tradition. The manual for and aft adjuster is on maximum so no joy there. How does one remove the seats so that the cables can be adjusted and a proper arrangement made?

I am now confused. I found a motor under the seats which lifts the seats but in doing so brings it forward. I have also found that by manually lifting the lever I can push or pull the seat through the same lifting route with me on board. There is no electrical connection between the lifting lever and the motor. These are sports seats and can it be that for the base C2 they are not connected for electrical operation? It is a mute point but I still will have to make spacers to lift the seat in its furthest rearmost position. Anyone done this?

That could be the case, I have a base spec C2 with the non-hardback seats and, as I mentioned above, there is no motor for forward/up or back/down adjustment, just for recline.
It looks like you will need to make spacers if you want the seat all the way back and raised but that does seem like an odd position for the seat as most folks long legs will interfere with the steering wheel then.

But that's the point I do have a motor for the raising and lowering of the seat (albeit by moving forward and upwards) and my legs are way below the bottom of the steering wheel. I must be odd! However I am able to get the seat position I like in my old Maseratis, Alfas and F car......can this be a problem with the genes....the car's not mine.

I would get yourself to a local Porsche meet (TIPEC or PCGB) and someone will be able show you if what you have normal.

On my 997, the height adjustment is manual, but essentially it just pivots at the front.

James

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back